XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

X6M decreased power

Hey all,
I have owned my 2011 x6m for 45,000 miles now. I have a meisterschaft gtc exhaust.

It's been a while since I last pushed my car to maximum throttle and recently I noticed that the car is under performing. It's not pushing like how it used to.

Could there be build-ups in the engine, clogs or anything that needs to be cleaned out for the car the perform the way it used to?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Hey OP. tough question. Maybe miss fires. That will typically feel like lost power in the higher RPMs especially with turbo cars.

I would have a local shop that you know of or you yourself if you want to spend te money on tool to run diagnostics while driving.

Also depends on how frequently you change your oil, do a spark plug change, possible fuel injector clean, etc...

Those are just some quick reference points that come to mind.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

Thank you. I will check those out, I really wish to keep the car forever and in the state it's designed to be in.

Anyone, your you, have had the x5/6m for long term? Say 100,000 miles?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

At that rate, your mileage will be 100K in about 2 more years - which is not that far from now. I think you should just take your car to your dealership and complain about the sluggishness and hopefully, they'll replace your injectors or something. Take advantage of your warranty before it expires.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
MaX6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 50i

Do you have any specific speed times to verify your car is sluggish? If not get some 0-60 times and compare them vs. what others have posted. There are a couple of websites that have specific 0-60 times for almost every car.. Hopefully you can find someone with your same exhaust setup... That "pull in the seat" feeling does wear off.. You get used to the speed of the car and after a while it doesn't seem to "pull" like it did when you first got it.. I'm not saying you don't have an issue with the car - I would just start eliminating things first.. And a good start would be with 0-60 times and/or 1/4 mile times. See how far off if any they are from stock, your modified exhaust options and what others have posted.. You'll soon know if you do indeed have something going on under the hood.

I'm not familiar with your meisterschaft exhaust impact to the car but the the stock 50i 0-60 is 5.2..

Last edited by MaX6; 12-02-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX6 View Post
Do you have any specific speed times to verify your car is sluggish? If not get some 0-60 times and compare them vs. what others have posted. There are a couple of websites that have specific 0-60 times for almost every car.. Hopefully you can find someone with your same exhaust setup... That "pull in the seat" feeling does wear off.. You get used to the speed of the car and after a while it doesn't seem to "pull" like it did when you first got it.. I'm not saying you don't have an issue with the car - I would just start eliminating things first.. And a good start would be with 0-60 times and/or 1/4 mile times. See how far off if any they are from stock, your modified exhaust options and what others have posted.. You'll soon know if you do indeed have something going on under the hood.

I'm not familiar with your meisterschaft exhaust impact to the car but the the stock 50i 0-60 is 5.2..
This is good advice. It is normal to get "used" to the power that initially had you smiling from ear to ear after driving a specific car for a while. Doing a few of the above mentioned comparisons/tests will determine if the "loss" of power is a mental thing, or if there is something is truly wrong with your X6M.

Good luck with everything. Let us know what you find!