XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-04-2021, 02:13 AM   #1
Gooddoer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 and X3

Question 2008 X5 reset idrive back to Factory Coding

Maybe one of you can assist me, My son just bought a 2008 E70 X5 3.0 from a person that thought they were a programming wizard. This person had messed with all the coding using NCS Expert and Carly in the X5, this caused many issues. I have a friend that helped me to resolve all issues except the multimedia system. The idrive main screen is half pink and a lot of the normal options are gone or greyed out. He fixed the other things using BMW ProTool. He does not know anything about the multimedia system. So being a responsible person didn't try to fix it.

Could anyone give me any assistance? I have access to ProTools, NCS Expert and the other BMW tools. I know I'm not a BMW programmer and don't want to do anything without some experienced advice.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Appreciate 0