XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #23
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrik View Post
I too suffer from the rattling passenger seat when no one is sitting next to me. I took it to the dealer and I drove him around while he was sitting in the back. He noticed it and put in a request to Munich concerning this problem. After a week I popped back in and he told me this problem seems to be hitting a lot of X6s and they think it is a manufacturing issue of the comfort seats. He offered to replace the whole seat for me which I haven't done yet since he said if it is manufacturing then until it gets solved the new will probably do the same.

I'm waiting to see if this will become a big enough issue for BMW to address.

D
I have the same rattle without comfort seats. I believe it is the seat bottom sensor that detects a passenger for airbag enabling.

If I pressed down firmly on the center of the seat and let go, the rattle goes away. So I just do this if it starts to rattle.

Replacing your seat won't make any difference and might even add more problems.
      02-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
BMW-GT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 5.0i

Passenger seat rattle

Finally after taking my X6 in several times, they found a solution for a large part of the rattling from the passenger seat. Here are the repair notes from BMW:
CUSTOMER STATES THERE IS A SQUEAK/RATTLECOMING FROM VEHICLE. CUSTOMER PERFORMED RIDE ALONG WITH SHOP FOREMAN (with no rider in passenger seat). NOISE COMING FROM SEAT BOTTOM WHEN LEFT SIDE OF SEAT BOLSTER ON PASSENGER SIDE IS ADJUSTED.

VERIFIED NOISE FROM PASSENGER SEAT (with no rider in passenger seat). HAD FOREMAN DUPLICATE IT. FOUND NOISE CAUSED BY FRONT TRIM PANEL CONTACTING SEAT FRAME. DISCONECTED BATTERY. REMOVED SEAT. CHECKED MOUNTING POINTS OF TRIM PANEL ALL OK. PUT FELT ISOLATION TAPE ON TRIM. TESTED FIT. OK REINSTALLED SEAT CONNECTED BATTERY RESTORED ELECTRICAL POWER. TEST DROVE OK . HAD FOREMAN RECHECK FOR NOISE HE ALSO NO LONGER HEARS NOISE.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #25
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Glad you were able to get it fixed, on the other hand we paid $80k-$100k for a car they have to repair with tape.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #26
BigBobDeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6M

Garage List
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
BMW-GT, that's great. I've had two dealerships look at it and they couldn't/wouldn't find the problem--still rattles. I might poke around there myself and see what I can do. Though I now also have a dash rattle from between the iDrive screen and the glove box... I think bad city roads + X6 stiff suspension = too much for all these plastic parts.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #27
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Double sticky Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Glad you were able to get it fixed, on the other hand we paid $80k-$100k for a car they have to repair with tape.
No laughing matter... They ran out of double sided sticky tape ! But production kept going!
Appreciate 0