XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

California Emissions

Car currently passed a NY state emissions and wondering about the emissions here in Cali...

I’m in SD and will need to do this crap in the next few months what should I look out for?

Emissions wise car is stock ... beyond that I’m modified quite a bit by the time I’m doing emissions ... have a straight pipe exhaust but this has never been a issue in NY wondering how much I have to go back to stock to pass

I’ve done research and looked up laws looking for answers with guys running modded trucks here ... can I just find someone and get hooked up for the visual as long as I can smog ... do they even check ... I know in NY the safety and visual inspection was passable as long as you know someone

I know this state is the worst for modified vheicles

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Welcome to the Republic of Kalifornia! So now that your X is approaching 6 years old, the biennial smog check kicks in. So now you have 2 choices, convert back to stock (plan A) or if you know someone...(plan B). I like plan B better because it's less of a hassle overall.
Appreciate 0