XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
oil_burner
California Diesel Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' x5 35d

x5m headlight and bumper

I have a 2013 35d and was wondering if I could swap the x5m's front bumper and headlights on to the car. I thought it would look cool with the aggressive headlights.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 12:10 AM   #2
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

The answer is yes however you would also have to swap out the fenders as well. I have a 35d as well and have considered the same mod however I've been tempted to try the X5M aftermarket bumper on eBay that is supposed to fit the standard models. Just not sure of quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
oil_burner
California Diesel Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' x5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
The answer is yes however you would also have to swap out the fenders as well. I have a 35d as well and have considered the same mod however I've been tempted to try the X5M aftermarket bumper on eBay that is supposed to fit the standard models. Just not sure of quality.
Yeah, I kinda thought so. It still would look cool, and it would let me install wider tires, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 12:29 AM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_burner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
Yeah, I kinda thought so. It still would look cool, and it would let me install wider tires, right?
No just need the wider flares for that and they came on non M's also.

You can buy them in either grained plastic or smooth surface that needs to be painted.
Appreciate 0