XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
helicopternikki
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW X5 3.0i

Seat Belt alarm gone crazy

Hi! I am going to lose my mind soon if I can't figure out what is going on with my 2006 X5. About a week ago, the "Fasten Seat Belts" warning will not go off, and I have to listen to the "ding ding" for 2 minutes straight. I always wear my seatbelt, and I dont put anything in the passenger seat, so I know its not an operator error issue. Even though nobody is in the passenger seat, I have tried buckling the seatbelt to see if that would stop it, but it does not. So, I get in my X5, start it up, put on my seatbelt, and a few seconds later, the dinging starts and I have the 'fasten seat belts" warning on my screen. Anyone have this happen or know what I can try before taking it to the dealer??
Thanks!
Nikki
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
helicopternikki
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW X5 3.0i

Electrical Issue

Ive decided that is more than just the seatbelt sensor. I have some electrical system malfunciton going on. Today the interior lights came on and off randomly by them selves. The 'check brake lights', 'check rear lights' and 'check side lights' messages all came up. My X5 is either posessed or has some kind of short. I guess I will be going to the service department!!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Justskin
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Seatbelt/airbag senser

Im having the same problems with my x5. Did you ever find out the issue with the sensers?
Thanks
Susan
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
donatiphase
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

seat belt warning even when belts buckled

having similar issues- pretty sure i have a bad ignition switch causing a majority of the issues- wondering if this could be included. will post and let folks know.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
But Officer...
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M/2011 Jaguar XJ

Same thing happened to me...

Make sure nothing is placed on the passenger seat. I had my wallet, cell phone and a soda on the seat and the weight of those items made the car believe there was a passenger...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Rabia
El Que Contagia El Genero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 650i

Garage List
2008 BMW 650i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopternikki View Post
Hi! I am going to lose my mind soon if I can't figure out what is going on with my 2006 X5. About a week ago, the "Fasten Seat Belts" warning will not go off, and I have to listen to the "ding ding" for 2 minutes straight. I always wear my seatbelt, and I dont put anything in the passenger seat, so I know its not an operator error issue. Even though nobody is in the passenger seat, I have tried buckling the seatbelt to see if that would stop it, but it does not. So, I get in my X5, start it up, put on my seatbelt, and a few seconds later, the dinging starts and I have the 'fasten seat belts" warning on my screen. Anyone have this happen or know what I can try before taking it to the dealer??
Thanks!
Nikki
I am having the same problem with my 08'. The dealer told me that apparently when it was manufactured BMW put the leather too tight on a weight mechanism. They could adjust it for a price obviously or they told me to just wear it down.
Appreciate 0