XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80

22' M6 wheels. Is it good or not ?

Hello guys,.....Maybe wrong thread., sorry if yes.
I want ask your advice
I found on ebay this RIMS, and I like the price US $1,405.00
Is it will be alright if I will wear them on bmw x6

22" BMW X6 (xDRIVE35, xDRIVE50) or X5 5 SPOKE STYLE WHEELS AND TIRES!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A SET OF FOUR BRAND NEW 22X10 5 SPOKE WHEELS WITH 285/35/22 FULLWAY HS288 TIRES. THE WHEELS COME IN A BOLT PATTERN OF 5X120 WITH A OFFSET OF +40. THE FINISH OF THE RIMS IS DARK GRAY WITH MACHINE FACE. THE WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGE COMES MOUNT AND BALANCED READY TO INSTALL.

....best regards
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Those are really nice wheels and the price is unbeatable... especially if it comes as a set. That would be a nice fit for your X6///M. 22" wheels look nice on the X6 ( click on my Avatar icon to check out the looK ). I noticed the NY in your user name... if you are in the 5 boroughs, just be careful on the potholes. You wont lose much comfort with those wheels because the tires look like they have enough meat on them to take up the road noise.
      11-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Those are really nice wheels and the price is unbeatable... especially if it comes as a set. That would be a nice fit for your X6///M. 22" wheels look nice on the X6 ( click on my Avatar icon to check out the looK ). I noticed the NY in your user name... if you are in the 5 boroughs, just be careful on the potholes. You wont lose much comfort with those wheels because the tires look like they have enough meat on them to take up the road noise.
thank you samurai ! You opinion very important for me. I saw your pictures ! Daaamn hot combination U also from NY ! I was leave there, but I move in New Jersey (old bridge). Just receive the car 1 week ago, and already looking for rims....so I found this one on ebay and I like it, im just worry about "potholes"........
I also upload some pic
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Thanks my man. Congrats on the new car! I'm sure you will reall enjoy the X6... and you got the ///M version so I'm sure you will be tearing up the streets!!. Nice color combo too, white and red... the ladies are gonna melt when they catch a ride from you.

Enjoy the new toy and stay safe on the roads. because you are looking at aftermarket wheels, those 22"s will add a very nice touch to the look of your car. IMHO, I think you should try to look at staggered wheels though. i had to put spacers on my rear wheels because i didn't know about the staggered sizes when I put them on. Never had that problem with my previous cars...lol.

Staggered 22 x 9.5 / 22 x 11 would turn your car into a beautiful monster. Do a search toCheck out a guy on this forum named croation... i THINk thats his name. he has pics of his X6M on staggered 22's and his car is the prettiest X6 I have seen thus far.
      11-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Thanks my man. Congrats on the new car! I'm sure you will reall enjoy the X6... and you got the ///M version so I'm sure you will be tearing up the streets!!. Nice color combo too, white and red... the ladies are gonna melt when they catch a ride from you.

Enjoy the new toy and stay safe on the roads. because you are looking at aftermarket wheels, those 22"s will add a very nice touch to the look of your car. IMHO, I think you should try to look at staggered wheels though. i had to put spacers on my rear wheels because i didn't know about the staggered sizes when I put them on. Never had that problem with my previous cars...lol.

Staggered 22 x 9.5 / 22 x 11 would turn your car into a beautiful monster. Do a search toCheck out a guy on this forum named croation... i THINk thats his name. he has pics of his X6M on staggered 22's and his car is the prettiest X6 I have seen thus far.
Thank you brother !I will check everything u said !
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
I would check the load rating on these rims
Aftermarket wheels, especially cheap ones, do not have as much strength as stock wheels
And since you're going up 2 sizes and being in tri-state area, you're pushing your luck
I've bent and cracked many rims in NYC and i'm done with after market cheap stuff
Also, make sure you can find a replacement if you do damage one of the wheels
Otherwise you'll be stuck with 3 nice 22'' wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
Aftermarket wheels, especially cheap ones, do not have as much strength as stock wheels
And since you're going up 2 sizes and being in tri-state area, you're pushing your luck
I've bent and cracked many rims in NYC and i'm done with after market cheap stuff
This...

It will end up being cheaper to replace one of the damaged wheels than it will be to fix one. Consider how long you will be driving the car.. If the answer is a few years consider buying a 5th wheel as a back up plan.

I have always been pretty picky about the quality of the rims I have put on my cars, which meant reps were a no-no. However, some reps are forged and made extremely well nowadays.

Just think about what you are doing when you put reps on your car. You have this beautiful suit that you have just bought and it comes with a decent pair of shoes that match the suit pretty well. Their not flashy but they do the job. Buying a set of cheap reps may be flashy, but they may not be capable of "doing the job".

Last edited by NYCGP; 11-07-2011 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
This...

It will end up being cheaper to replace one of the damaged wheels than it will be to fix one. Consider how long you will be driving the car.. If the answer is a few years consider buying a 5th wheel as a back up plan.

I have always been a pretty picky about the quality of the rims I have put on my cars, which meant reps were a no-no. However, some reps are forged and made extremely well nowadays.

Just think about what you are doing when you put reps on your car. You have this beautiful suit that you have just bought and it comes with a decent pair of shoes that match the suit pretty well. Their not flashy but they do the job. Buying a set of cheap reps may be flashy, but they may not be capable of "doing the job".
Thank you guys !
Appreciate 0