XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

05-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #441
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Da808dad found me earlier lol...
Attached Images

2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:48 PM   #442
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nice! I didn't realize both of you lived near each other
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 06:12 AM   #443
JackieChiles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR M3 6MT

Are you still running stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #444
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Da808dad found me earlier lol...
Man you guys have the perfect wheels for this truck. i'm thinking of going gunmeatal like Da808dad as I have Silverstone MII also. Color looks insane in person.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #445
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Nice! I didn't realize both of you lived near each other
Thanks! Yeah he is about 20-30 minutes away with traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChiles View Post
Are you still running stock exhaust?
Unfortunately yes. Just have some dimisa tips on it for the look right now. Should hopefully be taking care of this 'problem' this summer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
Man you guys have the perfect wheels for this truck. i'm thinking of going gunmeatal like Da808dad as I have Silverstone MII also. Color looks insane in person.
Thanks! The wheels are . When his came back from Morr I told him I might have to keep them lol...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #446
JackieChiles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR M3 6MT

Quote:

Unfortunately yes. Just have some dimisa tips on it for the look right now. Should hopefully be taking care of this 'problem' this summer though.
cool. I actually think the stock exhaust sounds pretty good in M mode. it has a nice throaty tone to it, could stand to be a little louder

im interested in the OEM exhaust mod possibly, and the tips you had (welded?) in look great

I am also intrigued by the supersprint exhaust which, with tips, is less than 2000 dollars and might have good resale? have found zero reviews on it though.

http://www.gtbperformance.com/supers...m-e70-e71.html

what exhaust are you considering?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #447
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChiles View Post
cool. I actually think the stock exhaust sounds pretty good in M mode. it has a nice throaty tone to it, could stand to be a little louder

im interested in the OEM exhaust mod possibly, and the tips you had (welded?) in look great

I am also intrigued by the supersprint exhaust which, with tips, is less than 2000 dollars and might have good resale? have found zero reviews on it though.

http://www.gtbperformance.com/supers...m-e70-e71.html" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.gtbperfor...0-e71.html</a>" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<a href="http...1.html</a></a>

what exhaust are you considering?
Exhaust decision is exhausting to say the least. My number one priority is heat management. I want to get those cats out of the engine bay. I'm also going to make sure the downpipes are ceramic coated as well. Tune is easy, will do the improved Velos stage 2+ that accounts for catless. A couple guys here are running it and they have said the gas smell is drastically reduced with the new version.

I have finally narrowed it down to three options though:

1. AR Design catless with Dinan exhaust - A great free flow setup with no drone. Dinan mufflers are one of the few that are free flow and drone free. The sound level should be medium loud, but not LOUD. Plus keeping the stock midpipes ensures a nice fitting system. AR design is one of the only ones to makes downpipes for the revised oem midpipes. Would weld in some cats behind the stock resonators if the smell was too much. My reservations with this is the mutilation of the stock pipes. Retail is about 5.5k ish.

2. Full Supersprint - Would get their oversized system with resonators and race muffler as this combo will be the best sounding Supersprint setup. If the smell was too much would weld in cats behind the resonators. My reservations with this is price at full retail and loudness. They currently have 20% off which makes this a very tempting option, but that expires the end of May. Retail with the 20% is at 6.5k ish.

3. AR Design catless with Akrapovic system. - The baller lightweight setup with valves for sound control. Reservations with this is super price and if the smell is too much I would have to get catted downpipes, which is not ideal for heat management. Retail is 9k ish.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #448
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Look what I found:

Engine specific turbo blanket that covers the cats as well. I impulsed the purchase since it was 15% off. I'll let you guys know how it goes. The only thing is I might wait until I get some downpipes to install it, which will be next month if everything goes according to plan. Sometimes you just have to be the guinea pig and take the leap lol. Here is a link to their site if curious:

http://ptpturboblankets.com/BMW-S63-Turbo-Blanket.html
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #449
JeST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Look what I found:

Engine specific turbo blanket that covers the cats as well. I impulsed the purchase since it was 15% off. I'll let you guys know how it goes. The only thing is I might wait until I get some downpipes to install it, which will be next month if everything goes according to plan. Sometimes you just have to be the guinea pig and take the leap lol. Here is a link to their site if curious:

http://ptpturboblankets.com/BMW-S63-Turbo-Blanket.html
Thats a baller turbo blanket! Definitely top notch but the price reflects it also. I would say if you get high flow/catless downpipes and ceramic coat them you'll be fine but the turbo blanket will definitely make engine heat a moot point.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #450
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

Quote:
Exhaust decision is exhausting to say the least. My number one priority is heat management. I want to get those cats out of the engine bay. I'm also going to make sure the downpipes are ceramic coated as well. Tune is easy, will do the improved Velos stage 2+ that accounts for catless. A couple guys here are running it and they have said the gas smell is drastically reduced with the new version.

I have finally narrowed it down to three options though:

1. AR Design catless with Dinan exhaust - A great free flow setup with no drone. Dinan mufflers are one of the few that are free flow and drone free. The sound level should be medium loud, but not LOUD. Plus keeping the stock midpipes ensures a nice fitting system. AR design is one of the only ones to makes downpipes for the revised oem midpipes. Would weld in some cats behind the stock resonators if the smell was too much. My reservations with this is the mutilation of the stock pipes. Retail is about 5.5k ish.

2. Full Supersprint - Would get their oversized system with resonators and race muffler as this combo will be the best sounding Supersprint setup. If the smell was too much would weld in cats behind the resonators. My reservations with this is price at full retail and loudness. They currently have 20% off which makes this a very tempting option, but that expires the end of May. Retail with the 20% is at 6.5k ish.

3. AR Design catless with Akrapovic system. - The baller lightweight setup with valves for sound control. Reservations with this is super price and if the smell is too much I would have to get catted downpipes, which is not ideal for heat management. Retail is 9k ish.
Go for the full Akrapovic and don't look back, with anything else you will always have the feeling that there is something better out there. Also the most amazing part of the Akrapovic is how quite and normal it is when driving around normally even paired with a catless downpipe, but in the press of the M button it turns amazing. I love the duality of the setup which is perfect for different moods
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #451
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Thanks! You can order this one directly from their site, www.usmillworks.com.

It begins. Shout out to Omar @ Velos for the next day air of this bad boy. The whole transaction took less than 10 minutes from inquiry to order and it was shipped the following day. Doesn't get better than that!

Couldn't help myself I've got one on the way too. What's the installation like?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #452
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeST View Post
Thats a baller turbo blanket! Definitely top notch but the price reflects it also. I would say if you get high flow/catless downpipes and ceramic coat them you'll be fine but the turbo blanket will definitely make engine heat a moot point.
Agreed. It showed up the other day and looks serious. Will be ordering downpipes soon so I will update everyone on the fitment then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
Go for the full Akrapovic and don't look back, with anything else you will always have the feeling that there is something better out there. Also the most amazing part of the Akrapovic is how quite and normal it is when driving around normally even paired with a catless downpipe, but in the press of the M button it turns amazing. I love the duality of the setup which is perfect for different moods
I must say I really like how your beast sounds with your g/a setup. Problem for me is the smell. I do not want cats in the engine bay and I don't know if Akrapovic would put cats in place of their resonators. So I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_MSPORT View Post
Couldn't help myself I've got one on the way too. What's the installation like?
Nice! Installation was typical Vorsteiner. It had to be modified to sit flush, even, and straight. There is a little lip at the top that had to be sanded down as it did not fit right with it. Holes also had to be drilled out on the bottom so the screws would sit flush with the fiber that was actually touching the bumper. Also had to use betalink so it would stay flush with the bumper as the bend in the part did not line up with the bend of the bumper.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #453
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
So what exhaust/downpipe setup are you leaning towards? Excited to see how it turns out!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #454
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

Nice! Installation was typical Vorsteiner. It had to be modified to sit flush, even, and straight. There is a little lip at the top that had to be sanded down as it did not fit right with it. Holes also had to be drilled out on the bottom so the screws would sit flush with the fiber that was actually touching the bumper. Also had to use betalink so it would stay flush with the bumper as the bend in the part did not line up with the bend of the bumper.
Not sure what I was expecting but I guess we need to give up ever thinking that composite pieces fit like a glove from the outset. Thanks for the heads-up hopefully with your shared experience i'll be able to make it fit with lil more know how
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #455
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

Quote:
I must say I really like how your beast sounds with your g/a setup. Problem for me is the smell. I do not want cats in the engine bay and I don't know if Akrapovic would put cats in place of their resonators. So I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it.
I was concerned about the smell too, but the truth is, I just learned to live with it. Yes it's not pleasant when you actually smell it, but than again it doesn't happen often unless you like to leave your car on and wonder around it. The only other time is cold starts and the smell in the garage. But i learned to let the car cold start for the initial 15 second, than throw the car in reverse for a brief second and than neutral to roll the car out of the garage so it can do the rest of the warm up outside. This way by the time the car complete it's warm up cycle and you are ready to go, the smell in the garage is pretty much aired out too. Plus the joy of hearing the turbos spin and the amazing sound when you want is worth it
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 12:41 AM   #456
Da808dad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
I'm finally legal! Lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 06:52 AM   #457
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Have you got your downpipes yet?
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered Active Autowerkes downpipes for mine on Tuesday.

Got a good pic of the Vorsteiner diffuser on your X5M?

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #458
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
So what exhaust/downpipe setup are you leaning towards? Excited to see how it turns out!
The only part I have really decided on is some AR Design downpipes. The rest I'm still figuring it out. Soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_MSPORT View Post
Not sure what I was expecting but I guess we need to give up ever thinking that composite pieces fit like a glove from the outset. Thanks for the heads-up hopefully with your shared experience i'll be able to make it fit with lil more know how
Yeah hell will freeze for me the day I install an aftermarket composite part flawlessly straight out of the box lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
I was concerned about the smell too, but the truth is, I just learned to live with it. Yes it's not pleasant when you actually smell it, but than again it doesn't happen often unless you like to leave your car on and wonder around it. The only other time is cold starts and the smell in the garage. But i learned to let the car cold start for the initial 15 second, than throw the car in reverse for a brief second and than neutral to roll the car out of the garage so it can do the rest of the warm up outside. This way by the time the car complete it's warm up cycle and you are ready to go, the smell in the garage is pretty much aired out too. Plus the joy of hearing the turbos spin and the amazing sound when you want is worth it
Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da808dad View Post
I'm finally legal! Lol.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Have you got your downpipes yet?
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered Active Autowerkes downpipes for mine on Tuesday.

Got a good pic of the Vorsteiner diffuser on your X5M?
Congrats on the dps. I'm leaning towards next week actually. Here is a pic of the diffuser:

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #459
gixxerboy63
Rep

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Nice! What tips are those? I know you posted this information earlier, but I didn't want to dig through pages and pages of posts.

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #460
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63
Nice! What tips are those? I know you posted this information earlier, but I didn't want to dig through pages and pages of posts.
Thanks, they are the Dimisa tips. The 3.5 inch ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #461
gixxerboy63
Rep

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks, they are the . The 3.5 inch ones.
Nice!!
Do you have a tune and downpipes yet?

...now, how about a closeup of the front spoiler so I can a little more?

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 05:54 AM   #462
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

That diffuser looks so nice on MCB! I might make this my next mod
Appreciate 0