XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #23
jplatt83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 x5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Looks great.

Your front seems lower than mine. Did you go with the 2" kit and not the 1.2"?

How do you like/dislike the drive?
1.2" all around but keep in mind I have the Diesel engine. Depending on how big your motor is depends on the drop. I'm really happy with it and glad I didn't do the 2" as that would of been closer to 3"

Ride is much better. More stiff for sure. I haven't had a chance yet to bend some corners but I can definitely tell it's a huge improvement from OEM. Also, less body roll.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #24
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Looking great guys!

If you guys have a chance, will you measure the distance in inches from the high point of the wheel well arch to the ground? That'll be a good test on how your cars have settled. Post results please. I'll measure mine (stock with stock wheels) and we can compare the numbers to give a good idea of what they actually do after lowered..
      11-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #25
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

I'm at 31.25 inches in the rear, and 30.5in in the front. It's not the same all around and I had my wheel slightly turned at park. The numbers are averaged out of the front and rear.

Theoretically you guys with the drop and stock 20's should be under 30 inches for front and rear. Can anyone confirm?
      11-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #26
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

I will check when I get a chance.

Are you measuring from the road/floor to right where the fender starts?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:21 AM   #27
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

I've had the 1.2's for a few months now and the front springs have finally had a chance to settle... I measured every corner on level ground sitting on 22'' wheels, both front corners are at exactly 30''... rears are at exactly 31.25''

The ride is very similar to OE with improved cornering at higher speeds. Driving over speed bumps gets a little harsher on the rebound... my plan was to give the H&R lowering springs a 3 month trial to see how they would hold up under spirited driving before purchasing the KWV3's.

As of now, I'm very happy with the drop/look/handling of the H&R's and even happier I didn't spend thousands on the KW's
Attached Images

Last edited by Cattivo; 11-11-2016 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #28
jplatt83
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post
I've had the 1.2's for a few months now and the front springs have finally had a chance to settle... I measured every corner on level ground sitting on 22'' wheels, both front corners are at exactly 30''... rears are at exactly 31.25''

The ride is very similar to OE with improved cornering at higher speeds. Driving over speed bumps gets a little harsher on the rebound... my plan was to give the H&R lowering springs a 3 month trial to see how they would hold up under spirited driving before purchasing the KWV3's.

As of now, I'm very happy with the drop/look/handling of the H&R's and even happier I didn't spend thousands on the KW's
Sweet pics. I have 21' wheels on so I assume our specs are very similar. I agree, over bumps the ride is pretty stiff. Not slot of shock absorption as with OE. But it's definitely tolerable.

For some reason before the springs I always drove slow. Now I want to speed. Perhaps it's because cornering has improved or I'm just lower to the ground. I have tendencies to speed when in cars.

I'm detailing my X5 tomorrow with some new products from Chemical Guys. Applying a winter sealant called JetSeal. Will post some pics when I'm done.

H&R so far has been well worth the price tag.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #29
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Cattivo
How long did it take for your fronts to settle?

I realize you have 22" wheels and maybe that's way it looks extra low, but with my 20"s I don't really feel like it's as low as it should. Maybe I am just confused, I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #30
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

The springs took about a week to settle, it's a modest drop with improved looks and handling... I parked next to an X3 the other day and both trucks were more or less the same height.

I notice the height difference more when getting into my other X5, I tend to hit my foot when getting in
      11-14-2016, 11:37 PM   #31
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

I wish I had gotten with the 2" drop now. From where it sits now (unless it's going to settle more) I wish it was a more noticeable drop. Don't think anyone can know unless they see a stock one right beside it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #32
jplatt83
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
I wish I had gotten with the 2" drop now. From where it sits now (unless it's going to settle more) I wish it was a more noticeable drop. Don't think anyone can know unless they see a stock one right beside it.
I'm in the same boat. Wish i would of went 2" at least upfront. For some reason the rear looks lower which im not mad about. But in the end, any lower might wreak havoc on the suspension in the long run and tires. Keep in mind a 2" drop would be closer to 3 once it settles.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 09:02 AM   #33
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post

Awesome feedback, I'm currently on staggered 22"s myself so it's nice to see somewhat of how it COULD appear. I usually run coilovers on my vehicles but curious on the cheaper route with springs

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0