XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Vendors Classifieds

03-21-2017, 02:22 AM   #23
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

While I'm not sure how different assembly materials would affect sound, I'm guessing his intake sounds similar to mine. Nevertheless, yes, proven dyno numbers would be helpful before I consider spending almost twice as much as my current setup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #24
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
I guess the reason people aren't jumping on this, is you haven't really fixed a problem with the S63 - the factory intake location is exactly the same, and overall filter area between the two is similar.
I understand your argument with location, but you're neglecting the increase in filter surface area, location of the filters, and the flow not having to make drastic transitions like the stock setup. These three areas of improvement are why we see a benefit with out intakes.

Without demonstrating undeniable performance gains, irrespective of M-tax, you're asking people to drop US1300-1600 on essentially an aesthetic swap, which will only be seen when the hood is up and you're being Brian O'Conner.

Not sure what this cost to develop and manufacture, but you might get some bites at a lower price?

I'm sure I can speak for other X5M/X6M owners in expressing our appreciation to you for developing options for our platform, but with all the other performance mods stacked up before this, it would probably get pushed into the nice-to-have pile (IMO).
We've already posted dyno numbers. That was done a while back, here is the graph again. This dyno pull was done with the customer infront of the vehicle who i believe is a member on here as well.

If you'd guys would like to setup a groupbuy with a special price, you are more than welcome to.

Just like our other intakes, everything hits the advertised power. For the graph above, we did not remove the car from the dyno. We made the pulls, shut car off, removed intakes, installed new intakes, made new pulls. This was done in a matter of 20-30 minutes at most. Not testing on different days, different dyno, or whatever else you can do to adjust the numbers.

If there's any doubt our intakes don't produce withing +/- 5whp of advertised power, we will gladly take them back. We have yet to have a customer return a set of intakes because they did not make advertised power. Id argue our advertised numbers are on the conservative side if anything.

-R
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #25
protecon
*May contain nuts
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M MCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza@RKautowerks View Post
If there's any doubt our intakes don't produce withing +/- 5whp of advertised power, we will gladly take them back. We have yet to have a customer return a set of intakes because they did not make advertised power. Id argue our advertised numbers are on the conservative side if anything.

-R
Thanks - but this isn't from a S63?

Factory intakes on the X5M/X6M don't have a "drastic transitions".
      03-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #26
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
Thanks - but this isn't from a S63?

Factory intakes on the X5M/X6M don't have a "drastic transitions".
The dyno posted is from an E70 X5M, so i don't know what you mean "isn't from a S63."

Contrary to your belief, the stock intakes actually do have drastic transitions because of the filter style, the filter is a very long and narrow piece which causes the flow to diverge and converge. The filters are also very deep which creates a lot of resistance to the flow.

Here are what stock filters look like.

-R
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #27
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Does any part of your intake rub/touch (or get close to) other parts of the engine bay? If so then will you supply rubber/foam inserts to prevent scratching or worse? Also, stock vs new intake inside & outside cabin video's to hear the induction noise difference would be great. Is the noise that noticeable?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:20 AM   #28
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Does any part of your intake rub/touch (or get close to) other parts of the engine bay? If so then will you supply rubber/foam inserts to prevent scratching or worse? Also, stock vs new intake inside & outside cabin video's to hear the induction noise difference would be great. Is the noise that noticeable?
I'm located in dallas, if you'd like, we can meet up, i'll pay for dyno time, and you can check out the intakes in person.

Shoot me a pm!

-R
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #29
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza@RKautowerks View Post
I'm located in dallas, if you'd like, we can meet up, i'll pay for dyno time, and you can check out the intakes in person.

Shoot me a pm!

-R
I thought you were in New Jersey since your shop's website said that's where it's located. About to PM you.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #30
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
I thought you were in New Jersey since your shop's website said that's where it's located. About to PM you.
Ah need to update that.

-R
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #31
Sicilian94
Private
Rep
Drives: Monte Carlo bmw X5m

So, if I wanted to buy these intakes what's the cost?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #32
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian94 View Post
So, if I wanted to buy these intakes what's the cost?
OP can you PM a quote?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:19 AM   #33
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

They're going for around $1300 and RK has a person on his IG that has a video of how they sound. While mine aren't made by RK, I can say with confidence you'll feel a difference and you'll 100% hear one since I can with mine.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 07:00 PM   #34
Niko_X5M
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Ordered my intakes for the X5M last week and Raza at RK Autowerks was great to work with. I would recommend anyone to this company as he was very knowledgable about the product and very professional. Great company to work with, would recommend to everyone!
Appreciate 0