XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

08-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

OEM Exhaust mod? Other alteratives for these?

I've been reading a lot on these trucks and it is apparent there are very few options for aftermarket exhaust. The usual suspects prevail: Dinan, Akra, Eissenman, etc. etc.

Who has done a budget exhaust on a ///M X or a 50i and liked the results?

My wife drives an E92 M3 and we have seen great results from the "OEM Exhaust Mod" wherein you modify the guts of the rear suitcase muffler. Has this been attempted on this chassis?

Alternatively, has anyone had an exhaust shop fab up a cat-back exhaust with off the shelf mufflers (Magnaflow perhaps) and liked the results?

We have $1200 into a used titanium cat-back system on the M3, and I'm having a hard time finding the guts to drop $3-5k on an exhaust for my E70.

If you have ideas, pipe up! please!!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis
I've been reading a lot on these trucks and it is apparent there are very few options for aftermarket exhaust. The usual suspects prevail: Dinan, Akra, Eissenman, etc. etc.

My wife drives an E92 M3 and we have seen great results from the "OEM Exhaust Mod" wherein you modify the guts of the rear suitcase muffler. Has this been attempted on this chassis?

Alternatively, has anyone had an exhaust shop fab up a cat-back exhaust with off the shelf mufflers (Magnaflow perhaps) and liked the results?

We have $1200 into a used titanium cat-back system on the M3, and I'm having a hard time finding the guts to drop $3-5k on an exhaust for my E70.

Get the Megan axel back set up rennis. Or have ur local guy slap a set of flow masters on ur whip.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
rennis
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Grissel View Post
Get the Megan axel back set up rennis. Or have ur local guy slap a set of flow masters on ur whip.
I have seen the Megan talked about a lot. I looked into their product line-up though, and it appears they don't make an axle-back setup for the 50i. Unless I'm missing something?

Last edited by rennis; 08-21-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
titanle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 Activehybrid

You can find one for about 2.5k
don't cheat yourself and be budget conscious. Talk to ahmad at vivid maybe he can give you a deal. I was going to get the remus for my x6 since it was 1200 but now I'm glad I decided to go with the Meisterschaft.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Zigor911
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:

I went with Remus. All done within $1k. Like the sound and performance
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
rennis
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor911 View Post
When I go to Remus' website (remusUSA) they don't display any exhaust for the 50i.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Zigor911
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor911 View Post
When I go to Remus' website (remusUSA) they don't display any exhaust for the 50i.
It's there. 5.0 models actually have 4.4 litter engine
Appreciate 0