XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

335i-x535d, what options are must haves?

Hey my 335i warranty's going to be up next december so I'm gonna pick up a year used x535d. I need an all purpose vehicle and I love turbos at my elevation of 5k ft.

Was wondering what the must have options are?

Are sport seats or multi contour better?

When I built one at the bmw website and I try to add the sport activity package option it says sport suspension delete, can you get this vehicle with the sports suspension?

What about diesel tax deductions, would buying one used qualify for any?

Anyone have the ventilated seats? Are they worth it?

It seems when buying used all the options don't hold their value as much so I'll probably get one fully loaded.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

I have a 2010 x5 35d and it is awesome. It would surprise me if you can find very many used; this was recently ranked as the vehicle with the highest resale value in the US (the 35d that is).

As for the options, I have: 1) sport activity package (awesome and I would not want a stiffer suspension as this one is very sporty as is - I think they "delete" the sport suspension because you get bigger wheels with even stiffer tires, which translates into a sportier ride over the 18" wheels)- the sport seats are great but I would probaly go for the multi contour seat option as an addition to this option next time; 2) privacy glass/rear climate control; 3) premium sound, which I could NOT live without; 4) premium package; 5) satellite radio, and maybe one or two other little things.

If I could do it over I would add: multi-contour seats; cold weather package for the rear heated seats, and MAYBE navigation but I doubt it (I have a great Garmin GPS already so I did not get the nav since the X5 comes with iDrive even if no nav is ordered).
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Phantom5
Rep
Drives: X5d 2010

I have the ventilated seats. They are worth it to me (or will be this summer) because I live in the desert and it's HOT (as in blast furnace) for about 4 months a year. Have had them before--work well in addition to A/C. Multi-contour seats are great. Also have nav + head-up display which I use all the time. Really helpful w/ night driving.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
mkaresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Lexus GS 400

Is the M Sport Package available on the diesel? I think it might only be offered with the gas engines.

Compared to the Sport Activity Package, the M Sport Package has higher performance tires with wider ones in the rear, the sport suspension, and adaptive drive. It's also a lot more money--$6,500.

Which options are "must haves" are going to depend on your personal needs.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
kw335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 ///M

Garage List
For me it has to be the comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
halfclue
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive35d

I actually go off road from time to time, and we have had buckets of snow this year - I am glad I did not get the sport activity package. The lower-profile tires would be a pain in rocks and snow. I also have a small trailer that carries lighting equipment when several people are in the vehicle, so the trailer hitch is a must. The brush guard helps keep the front end looking decent.

Things I wouldn't to live without: Navigation, Satellite Radio, Cold Weather package, Premium Sound, Premium Package. (The heated seats and steering wheel are wonderful when you are freezing your butt off in a blizzard).

I get the feeling that I use mine a little different than others. The standard suspension is plenty stiff for me, and is too much on bumpy, rocky places. Of course, I seem to be getting better mileage, so maybe I drive like an old lady.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0