XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Drakos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240i

Worst scammer in the world

So I listed my X5 on Kijiji and the Auto Trader. I got a text from someone named David Mathew indicating he was interested in buying my vehicle. After a couple of emails he wanted to buy it. Here is his response:

Thanks for the swift response, My Name is David Mathew from United State of American am buying this as a surprise gift for my dad so i wont let him know, until it been delivered to him.But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday off shore oil rig department,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it., i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I can only pay with PayPal or Bank Transfer here, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address or Bank information so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.
Thanks&Regards

Here is my response:

Sounds great David. My bank info is:
Bank: Scammers Trust
Account#: BL0ME
Routing#: 18884958501 (Rcmp fraud dept)

Please don't communicate back

Apparently this guy is a well known fraudster trying to phish and scam people selling items online. Becareful out there
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Classic! Good response on your end and I must agree his email to you is very very scammer like.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

I hate shady ass people like that...it's always a dead give away especially when their grammar and spelling is very poor. Hahaha!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
So I listed my X5 on Kijiji and the Auto Trader. I got a text from someone named David Mathew indicating he was interested in buying my vehicle. After a couple of emails he wanted to buy it. Here is his response:

Thanks for the swift response, My Name is David Mathew from United State of American am buying this as a surprise gift for my dad so i wont let him know, until it been delivered to him.But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday off shore oil rig department,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it., i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I can only pay with PayPal or Bank Transfer here, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address or Bank information so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.
Thanks&Regards

Here is my response:

Sounds great David. My bank info is:
Bank: Scammers Trust
Account#: BL0ME
Routing#: 18884958501 (Rcmp fraud dept)

Please don't communicate back

Apparently this guy is a well known fraudster trying to phish and scam people selling items online. Becareful out there
You see more of these stories on Craigslist. Sometimes i played along with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Wow. Paypal has creative ad campaigns. Seems ligit.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

OP are you from Alberta? Pretty much every add on Kijiji in Alberta gets that email. I wonder how many times it works.
      03-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

this thread is so wrong
this guy is my dad, he good guy will lots of american money
give us chance big spender.......
sincerely lickmyballz...............

classic!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB
this thread is so wrong
this guy is my dad, he good guy will lots of american money
give us chance big spender.......
sincerely lickmyballz...............

classic!
Hahahahahaha!!!!! You buy now! Once lifetime deal! Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
DrEcks5
Banned
Rep
Drives: '12 X5

I used to be a powerseller on eBay and I'd always get the same type of these Nigerian "SHIP THEM TO SOMEWHERE ELSE" dudes. Usually, I play it cool and just let them pay me. Then I'd ship a piece of paper with tracking so PayPal wouldn't really refund for something that shows delivered.

Most notable was this guy from Brazil who (back when sellers could leave negatives) had 8 negatives from different sellers selling iPhones that said something along the lines of, "DO NOT SELL TO, CHARGEBACK AFTER DELIVERY, REPORTED TO POLICE". When he bought an iPhone phone from me, he filed a chargeback before my empty mail even got delivered. I reported him (supplemented with his negatives and obvious excessive chargebacks) and he got banned. His claim was denied. He continued spamming me with a different account begging for his money back for a couple months.

I eventually sent the money to the Red Cross as a donation. Was fun to scam scammers when you know what you're doing!

Last edited by DrEcks5; 03-16-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Vince7tt
Rep
Drives: M3

Funny! Excellent response. I would have done the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #11
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5
I used to be a powerseller on eBay and I'd always get the same type of these Nigerian "SHIP THEM TO SOMEWHERE ELSE" dudes. Usually, I play it cool and just let them pay me. Then I'd ship a piece of paper with tracking so PayPal wouldn't really refund for something that shows delivered.

Most notable was this guy from Brazil who (back when sellers could leave negatives) had 8 negatives from different sellers selling iPhones that said something along the lines of, "DO NOT SELL TO, CHARGEBACK AFTER DELIVERY, REPORTED TO POLICE". When he bought an iPhone phone from me, he filed a chargeback before my empty mail even got delivered. I reported him (supplemented with his negatives and obvious excessive chargebacks) and he got banned. His claim was denied. He continued spamming me with a different account begging for his money back for a couple months.

I eventually sent the money to the Red Cross as a donation. Was fun to scam scammers when you know what you're doing!
I started putting "will not ship to Nigeria" in my ads. It didn't stop people from doing "buy it now" and making me buy a new post though, but its the thought that counts
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
BMWX54SFV
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 Black on Black

They are easy to spot these days. The Nigerian scam is the funniest. They always want to give me millions and millions of dollars. All I have to do is send them money for the transfer>.
They keep on going til they find some sap who actually believes their ridiculous story.
Appreciate 0