XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Question X6 - Oyster leather and NON Sports package. Anyone? Issue !!!

Hi guys! i have a big dilema. I am going to order a white X6 with Oyster leather. BUT, i want also a light roofline (ceiling interior). However, when you order the car and add sports package, then you are FORCED to take anthracite (dark grey) headliner.

I do NOT WANT the Anthracite Dark Grey roofline (ceiling colour). i prefer it to be in light colour. When u configure the car, and choose Oyster leather, you can see that the ceiling is also light colour. At least u can see it in the picture when u look at the side pillars of the car.

When u choose SPORT PACKAGE, it automatically selects the dark roofline and there is no option to change it back !!

My question:

1. Has anyone here chosen Oyster interior WITHOUT sports package? i would like to know for sure if the interior rooflining is indeed light colour. The dealer has no idea, and says he can not change what the online configurator requires.

Looking forward to responses
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
Hi guys! i have a big dilema. I am going to order a white X6 with Oyster leather. BUT, i want also a light roofline (ceiling interior). However, when you order the car and add sports package, then you are FORCED to take anthracite (dark grey) headliner.

I do NOT WANT the Anthracite Dark Grey roofline (ceiling colour). i prefer it to be in light colour. When u configure the car, and choose Oyster leather, you can see that the ceiling is also light colour. At least u can see it in the picture when u look at the side pillars of the car.

When u choose SPORT PACKAGE, it automatically selects the dark roofline and there is no option to change it back !!

My question:

1. Has anyone here chosen Oyster interior WITHOUT sports package? i would like to know for sure if the interior rooflining is indeed light colour. The dealer has no idea, and says he can not change what the online configurator requires.

If you order Oyster without sports package, the roofliner comes in light color...I think Oyster, but it's definitly a light color. In the US, you don't have other choice because Anthercite roofliner comes standard with the sport package. However, if you're in Europe, you can choose these options individually. To be honest, I was also in the same position. I ordered my car with oyster interior and hesitated about the roof. Yet, when I saw the car with anthracite, it looked really nice and sporty, and blended well with the overall interior theme. On the other hand, a light roofline imparts a feeling of additional spaciousness. It's a subjective issue and each has different taste. BTW, anthracite is standard in all M power models.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

Here you go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post

My question:

I have a non-sport 2009 X6 35i. It is Alpine White with Oyster Interior, I just took a picture for you. The best way I thought to get a picture was the pillar, if I got in the car and took a picture staight up the roof looks black. I will tell you the roof and pillar look light grey to me and of course the seating surfaces are off white. I hope this helps. If you need more shots let me know.

I might add this vehicle rides pretty darn firm with the BMW 20's on it. I am sure the sport package would ride even firmer. This is my first BMW and my concern was a comfortable ride. I personally would not want a daily driver firmer than my non-sport X6.
Best,
Brian

Could not upload pictures.....security error? send me a email and I will forward picture bkosaian@earthlink.net

Last edited by bak; 12-18-2009 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Thats great that u took the time to take pics! Thanks a lot!

i sent u an email.
Appreciate 0