XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
roentgen72
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M

Road hazard warranty

Has anybody bought this from the dealer and is it worth it? My dealer's coverage is for both summer and winter tire and rims. COst 1700 dollars for 4 years
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roentgen72 View Post
Has anybody bought this from the dealer and is it worth it? My dealer's coverage is for both summer and winter tire and rims. COst 1700 dollars for 4 years
Yes it's totally worth it. I bought it. When I was finishing up with my SA, he told me not to buy any of the "extras" that the finance guy offered EXCEPT the road hazard tire package. the 20" runflats are expensive!!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
flipside99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX M60

I got it for 1k.. negotiate
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
roentgen72
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M

thanks for the advice. I am sure..

I can get it cheaper, just not sure I want to pay up front. I didn't take it on my 535, but then that car didn't have runflats. THese bloody runflats are very expensive to replace.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roentgen72 View Post
IMO the road hazard pkg is a ripoff. Read the fine print. I hope you also know that it does not cover excess wear and tear and curb damage. There's also a dollar amount cap over the lifetime of the policy. I have a friend that runs a finance dept at BMW. It is NOT worth it. Everything they sell in finance office is All profit! How many blowouts do you plan on having in next 4-5 yrs, because that's basically all it covers.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
flipside99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
IMO the road hazard pkg is a ripoff. Read the fine print. I hope you also know that it does not cover excess wear and tear and curb damage. There's also a dollar amount cap over the lifetime of the policy. I have a friend that runs a finance dept at BMW. It is NOT worth it. Everything they sell in finance office is All profit! How many blowouts do you plan on having in next 4-5 yrs, because that's basically all it covers.
My CA told me to find some screws to run over
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside99 View Post
My CA told me to find some screws to run over
LOL. That ain't gonna fly bro. You think you're the only guy who has been told that? Trust me, those insurance are all scam and the scammers(Ins Co.) know all the scams out there! Only thing I would consider in the finance office is Lojack or 3M clear bra, if anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I purchased this and wish I hadn't. Doesn't cover curb damage which is very common with the 20" wheels. I had a flat when I was in Arizona on vacation, had to drive on it as the temperature was pushing 110F.

When I arrived in town went to dealer to get tire replaced, I had to pay as there was no damage to the wheel ( turns out the flat was due to the nut that holds the value stem in coming loose,so even though I put air in from portable pump it would not hold it). Dealer told me coverage was only good if I ran over a pot hole and the rim was damaged. So the RFs are expensive to replace but i don't think the coverage is as it's made out to be when they sell you the car.
Appreciate 0