XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
BLACK X5M POWER
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M Blk/Red

any feedback on Vredestein tires

just bought a new set of wheels for my 2013 bmw x5m, 22 x 10 front and 22 x 11 rear, i know popular set if tires are Perrelli Asimmetrico 295 30 22 front and 335 25 22 rear, i just wanted a little safer sidewall, came across these tires, Vredestein Ultac Sessanta tires in 315 30 22 rear and 295 30 22 front, supposed to be a great tire in Europe just not well known here, anyone have these or heard any feedback on them, all input very much appreciated, thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

If you have to get a certain size, then so be it. I suspect they built their business on providing non-standard sizes that the traditional players don't provide. That line-up of tire is literally marketed to high-end cars for folks with deep pockets.

Quote:
Premium Styling by Vredestein is a concept focused on Ultra-High-Performance tyres for the exclusive car market. These have been created especially for drivers in the high-end segment
And
Quote:
The recommendations and creations of many top car stylists were included in the development of the Premium Styling tyres.
I like how "stylists," were employed to design a tire.... They are sold here in the US, I've seen them listed for sale, often with larger wheels greater than 20+ inches. Perhaps out of necessity?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Why do you want to run 315 in the rear?
      08-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
fatmatt0116
Hooligan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

I bought vredestein snow tires this past winter. They have been great. However, I'd never had snow tires before so nothing to compare them too. They are for 18" wheels so a totally different animal all together than what you're talking about.

2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2011 X5 5.0 Dinan - SOLD
2007 Imola Red Z4 M Coupe -SOLD
2004 Navy Blue BMW 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
BLACK X5M POWER
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmatt0116 View Post
I bought vredestein snow tires this past winter. They have been great. However, I'd never had snow tires before so nothing to compare them too. They are for 18" wheels so a totally different animal all together than what you're talking about.
Yes i have only heard and read good reviews so far, thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
I have had 3 sets of Vreds in the past. They are excellent tires. Both wet and dry are excellent. However, when the temp drops near freezing they are scary. They do wear quickly like most summer performance. The sidewalls seem a little stiffer than others in that size. One thing you will notice about them is that they do not appear to be as wide as other 315. The cross profile seems to be somewhat "rounder" at the edges so they do not look as beefy looking from the rear. I am using Pirelli P Zero now and they are IMO much better although much more expensive not like the regular Scorpions. I also had the Scorpions and the Vreds are about the same performance. I will give the edge to the vreds on high speed cornering. One thing about the vreds is once they start to wear they begin to get loud more so than the Pirelli's. If you go with the vreds find a good qualified tire shop because they seem to be a real bitch to balance, at least this was my experience.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I have had 3 sets of Vreds in the past. They are excellent tires. Both wet and dry are excellent. However, when the temp drops near freezing they are scary. They do wear quickly like most summer performance. The sidewalls seem a little stiffer than others in that size. One thing you will notice about them is that they do not appear to be as wide as other 315. The cross profile seems to be somewhat "rounder" at the edges so they do not look as beefy looking from the rear. I am using Pirelli P Zero now and they are IMO much better although much more expensive not like the regular Scorpions. I also had the Scorpions and the Vreds are about the same performance. I will give the edge to the vreds on high speed cornering. One thing about the vreds is once they start to wear they begin to get loud more so than the Pirelli's. If you go with the vreds find a good qualified tire shop because they seem to be a real bitch to balance, at least this was my experience.
I would echo most of this - very soft compliant ride - they give the feel of soft edges, so much so that it can make you hesitate on initial dive in, but they hold on and don't let go. They have AMAZING wet weather traction. The tread pattern moves so much water you don't even know its wet out.

One word of concern - you had better make sure that the set up you are using has the same rolling circumference or you will fry your x drive. The best number to look at is the revolution per mile. You have to be really careful with AWD vehicles or the conflicting number of revolutions will tear your drive train apart
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
BLACK X5M POWER
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks for input

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post

I went ahead and bought Perrelli, can't go wrong with name brand, also the were $200 cheaper as there is a $65 rebate offered by Perrelli, thanks for the great input everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 02:14 AM   #9
barlow100
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 40d M Sport

Had Sessantas on a TT E63 AMG, gave good miles and handled great.
Appreciate 0