XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #23
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
It is impossible to argue with these X6/5 owners. They just become impossibly rude when you try to point out that what they believe isn't right.

I have decided to say good things and leave it at that before some of them turn militant, like that "dmglc" (or "dmlgc" whatever) from the other thread.
Amen bro. I agree these X5/X6 M fanbois are probably very close to 335 fanbois who top my list right now.

I am completely impartial and drive a 330CI ZHP, which I believe is more exhilarating to drive than the X6 M I sat in this weekend. After experiencing both X6 M and M3 in person, the X6 M does not compare to the M3 in terms of driving exhilaration. X6 M sounded boring as hell with a terrible hissing and low pitch burble. M3 was last of the awesome M cars I always dreamed of having.

Again it is OK for the X5/X6 M since they are SUVs and not meant to be about exhilaration. My issue is with M5 getting the same cookie-cutter engine with turbos. I was watching the legendary and one-and-only Walter Rohrl's interview and while comparing Porsche 911 Turbo with GT3 911, he explained how he would never take the Turbo over the GT3 to the race track by saying the response of N/A engine is simply unmatched by a turbo car. Funny how it reminds me of what BMW used to preach all the time a few years back.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #24
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Everyone is taking offense. Settle down. Sheez. How did this go from a review of an X5M to the next M5 to how an SUV handles compared to a sports coupe? Did anyone really have an expectation of the X5M or X6M handling anywhere near as well as an M3? If you did you have a lot to learn about vehicles.
And the complaint about putting an M badge on an SUV gets tiresome. BMW needed high power SUVs to fill a hole they had versus Mercedes and Porsche.
I guarantee I wouldn't be buying a Bimmer right now if they didn't have something in the same power range as a Cayenne Turbo S.
And why are people so upset about a silly marketing tool like an M badge? Does it make your M3 slower now that an X5 and X6 share a letter? You're the same type of people that complained about the M badge going on a 4000lbs Sedan and GT car too. Get over it.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #25
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Amen bro. I agree these X5/X6 M fanbois are probably very close to 335 fanbois who top my list right now.

I am completely impartial and drive a 330CI ZHP
Bahaha, says the guy who says the e46 is the best thing on the road in all of his posts.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Bahaha, says the guy who says the e46 is the best thing on the road in all of his posts.
You are clueless. Where did I claim the E46 M3 is better than the E92/E90 M3?? The E9X M3 is the best M3 ever. I am trying to get rid of my 330 CI ZHP the first chance I get. It is not an M carr. I want an M car with the true M soul and spirit of beautiful and sonorous sounds with the best throttle response that N/A M cars are famous for.The M3 V8 and M5/M6 V10 are the best M engines (and BMW engines ever built). I like it a lot more than the S54 engine in the M coupe and M3 E46.

I would go with a different brand altogether if I have to keep my 330 CI ZHP for another few years and say goodbye to BMW.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #27
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Everyone is taking offense. Settle down. Sheez. How did this go from a review of an X5M to the next M5 to how an SUV handles compared to a sports coupe? Did anyone really have an expectation of the X5M or X6M handling anywhere near as well as an M3? If you did you have a lot to learn about vehicles.
And the complaint about putting an M badge on an SUV gets tiresome. BMW needed high power SUVs to fill a hole they had versus Mercedes and Porsche.
I guarantee I wouldn't be buying a Bimmer right now if they didn't have something in the same power range as a Cayenne Turbo S.
And why are people so upset about a silly marketing tool like an M badge? Does it make your M3 slower now that an X5 and X6 share a letter? You're the same type of people that complained about the M badge going on a 4000lbs Sedan and GT car too. Get over it.
^ Amen. Probably the best post I've read for ages. Thank you.
Appreciate 0