XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 5.0

Less than 4 weeks on delivery of X6 5.0

Well it's here today already! Dealer just called.

The new Alpine White X6 5.0 with the performance upgrade.

Can't wait to see & drive it.

Super fast delivery, so fast I'm stuck with 2 vehicle leases till Dec 13.

Figured Dec 1st at the early side.

Well time to get busy on all the mods.

1. Video in motion (DVD), ipod video in motion add on module(s)

2. Stereo subwoofer add on & sound upgrade to Premium Sound

3. Winter tire solution - On the stagerred 20's (hard to do) or new winter 19" rims ??

4. Exhaust Upgrade Meisterschaft, Remus ??

5. Summer rims 22" Hamann black wheels

6. Hamaan Spoiler

A little insane on a leased vehicle, but then I was never a frugal man.
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
LDitty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35i

Thats going to be a steep price to pay @ least end...they want everything OEM!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

True, but only the spoiler is an issue, everything else is removable and/or a bolt on & resellable.

Spoiler mounting holes can be filled & touched up easy enough if necessary.

You won't get much for a used exhaust for sure, but I gotta have it!
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

congrats for your car! don t forget to put pics with the moods!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Photos please.....congrats!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

Gotta clean all the brake dust off befor I do photos !

Holy Shiite, the performance upgrade makes a big difference, if anybody gets a 2010 it's a must.

Well I gotta tell ya I don't baby my breakins too much, lots of full throttle blasts but never hold it too long anyways, 0-100 is nothing for this beast.
Leasing a vehicle certainly allows for a more carefree break in to be sure.

Man the M versions has gotta be insane

Gas consuption is pretty obscene when you really run this thing. I got less than 1/8 tank left with only 200 miles on it, and I drove a fair bit of highway miles too.

I can't wait to gas it as I believe the dealer being the tightwads they are doubtfully put premium in it as well. I'm betting it will make more power after this next fill up

The two tone oyster & black interior with the lighter wood is spectacular.
It's a preference thing but I did see the dark bamboo wood and it just did not pop to me with the predominant black trim on everything else.

The new idrive and premium sound is heads above the previous offerings as well. Much quicker and easy to navigate than before. Top view camera is a bonus too.

Looks like I may just add the video in motion module and call the 6 disc changer the movie only changer as with ipod integration, usb flash integration, plus 12 gigs on board hard drive storage you dont need the changer for any music. Guess I may still have to burn a few dvd's after all from my 6 terabyte ripped home server collection (600 plus dvd & hd titles).

As a bonus I do believe you may even be able to activate the top view & review camera as in motion with this module as it tricks the car into thinking you aren't moving. Had it my previous modfied system and it was a neat little trick especilly when towing anything as I just looked at the screen,

The flash drive integration and easy uploading of music make Itunes irrelavant and unecessary. Never liked Itunes and especially now as bloated and inefficient as it is.

You just make playlist folders on the flash drop the according mp3's into them then upload to the hard drive and/or leave on the flash. The folders are seen as playlists by the system, way simple. Easier than dinking around loading an ipod/iphone plus your sound is better. 16- 32 gig flash drives are availble now and they don't cost much.

Reason for better sound than ipod/iphone is you are reading the data and not using the ipod/iphone onboard sound output (which is basically a cheap preamp meant to drive headphones). Very few people realize this when they use their ipods in lieu of deck loaded cd's or flash direct media. You really notice this on a true high end system, not so much on our vehicles but to me it is still noticible.

Anyways I will post as the learning curve progresses.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyv View Post
Gotta clean all the brake dust off befor I do photos !

Holy Shiite, the performance upgrade makes a big difference, if anybody gets a 2010 it's a must.

Well I gotta tell ya I don't baby my breakins too much, lots of full throttle blasts but never hold it too long anyways, 0-100 is nothing for this beast.
Leasing a vehicle certainly allows for a more carefree break in to be sure.

Man the M versions has gotta be insane

Gas consuption is pretty obscene when you really run this thing. I got less than 1/8 tank left with only 200 miles on it, and I drove a fair bit of highway miles too.

I can't wait to gas it as I believe the dealer being the tightwads they are doubtfully put premium in it as well. I'm betting it will make more power after this next fill up

The two tone oyster & black interior with the lighter wood is spectacular.
It's a preference thing but I did see the dark bamboo wood and it just did not pop to me with the predominant black trim on everything else.

The new idrive and premium sound is heads above the previous offerings as well. Much quicker and easy to navigate than before. Top view camera is a bonus too.

Looks like I may just add the video in motion module and call the 6 disc changer the movie only changer as with ipod integration, usb flash integration, plus 12 gigs on board hard drive storage you dont need the changer for any music. Guess I may still have to burn a few dvd's after all from my 6 terabyte ripped home server collection (600 plus dvd & hd titles).

As a bonus I do believe you may even be able to activate the top view & review camera as in motion with this module as it tricks the car into thinking you aren't moving. Had it my previous modfied system and it was a neat little trick especilly when towing anything as I just looked at the screen,

The flash drive integration and easy uploading of music make Itunes irrelavant and unecessary. Never liked Itunes and especially now as bloated and inefficient as it is.

You just make playlist folders on the flash drop the according mp3's into them then upload to the hard drive and/or leave on the flash. The folders are seen as playlists by the system, way simple. Easier than dinking around loading an ipod/iphone plus your sound is better. 16- 32 gig flash drives are availble now and they don't cost much.

Reason for better sound than ipod/iphone is you are reading the data and not using the ipod/iphone onboard sound output (which is basically a cheap preamp meant to drive headphones). Very few people realize this when they use their ipods in lieu of deck loaded cd's or flash direct media. You really notice this on a true high end system, not so much on our vehicles but to me it is still noticible.

Anyways I will post as the learning curve progresses.
Good to hear that your enjoying your new ride...I was just wondering, you mentioned that the performance upgrade makes a big difference. Have you driven the regular 50i to compare the difference between the two? I've asked the same question to a few here who got the performance upgrade, but I have yet to hear an answer. Thanks

Last edited by XBMW6; 11-21-2009 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 07:30 AM   #8
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

I drove everything but a M, that is the 3.5, the 5.0, and my 5.o withe the performance upgrade.

The 3.5 is a dog and a joke, way to big and heavy of a vehicle for such a puny motor, sorry folks but it is. If you want a 3.5 motor get a 335i, that's where it belongs.

The standard 5.0 runs well but it does have some pretty noticeable turbo lag.

The 5.0 with the performance upgrade has a lot less but still some turbo lag.

The main difference is how much harder it pulls as RPM's grow. It is very noticeable.
In sport shift mode it is a beast.

I encourage anyone to get it as it is a bargain for the noticable bump.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

don t forget to put the pics congrats for the car!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyv View Post
I drove everything but a M, that is the 3.5, the 5.0, and my 5.o withe the performance upgrade.

The 3.5 is a dog and a joke, way to big and heavy of a vehicle for such a puny motor, sorry folks but it is. If you want a 3.5 motor get a 335i, that's where it belongs.

The standard 5.0 runs well but it does have some pretty noticeable turbo lag.

The 5.0 with the performance upgrade has a lot less but still some turbo lag.

The main difference is how much harder it pulls as RPM's grow. It is very noticeable.
In sport shift mode it is a beast.

I encourage anyone to get it as it is a bargain for the noticable bump.
+1 he is absolutely correct... i set a speed limit at 100 for me because this thing hauls ass and every time i looked down at the speedometer i was already doing 110 haha. and all this is while i'm still babying it and not really taking it above 4k rpms.
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0