XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
cbjones20
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 Premium 35i

Problem Storing Music From USB Device

My wife and I picked up our new 2012 X5 this afternoon.

I tried adding some iTunes songs to a USB device and storing them to the hard drive in the car but couldn't get them to read from the glove box USB but the USB connection in the console worked just fine and the songs were playing from it. I couldn't get to step 4 from the manual which is "Open 'Options' ". All of my choices after I selected music collection were grayed out.

According to the manual there are certain formats for songs that will work but I'm assuming these iTunes songs should be formatted correctly so I can add them without issue. It says on the file type that they are MPEG-4 Audio (.m4a).

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
tjank123
Geh Hau Ab
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5-35d, '08 ZM Coupe

OK, I just ran out to the garage to try this and got it to work. I copied a few songs onto my USB from i-tunes. Started my X5, connected USB to front glove box connection, selected CD/Multimedia, selected External Devices/ selected AUX front, then selected Options by moving controller to the right, selected Music Data import/export and music downloaded. To listen I had to go back to CD/Multimedia/Music Collection. The songs were saved under a file called USB1. I assume I could change that someplace. Oddly by downloading this way the album cover picture does not display (by BMW design). Picture only shows up when iphone is connected to center console USB
Appreciate 0