XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
troymi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Convertible

New Wheels/Tires - Nitto Motivo First Impressions

Hello all,
Thanks to SouthShoreM3 I picked up a set of OEM style 299M wheels and got them back from being refinished last week. Installed a new set of Nitto Motivo "ultra-high performance all season" (their words not mine!) set of rubber. Stock sizes 275/40 106Y and 315/35 110Y. I chose these over the Conti DWS. I had Motorsports Tech in NV make a 15mm spacer/adapter for the rear hub difference this winter.

Now, coming from a set of winter tires anything is going to feel better but I took a quick 30 minute drive yesterday over the same rough roads that used to vibrate the car with the BStone HPs. What a huge improvement. Quiet tires for sure. Didn't get any balloon effect or rubbery feeling from the feedback through the car. I took a few curvy roads easy trying to really feel any difference, good or bad. They don't have the same stiff feel of the true summer HPs, but they have a great grip (new, they should) and the steering feel is very true to what BMW specifies.

Now, these are all first impressions. I'll take a road trip for about 1,000 miles next weekend so that will be a good speed test. For those curious, I do have a spare tire in the back.

I like the stock look, so these wheels were my first choice (for now). I have a set of H&R springs to lower as soon as I can find the right shop or find enough instructions and lift to do it myself (not likely).

Anyway, thanks to all for your impressions and your Conti experiences on the board. So far, and it's early, but I would not have a problem recommending the Nitto tires.

Keep and eye out if your're looking to pick up a winter set for next season: I have an OEM 298M set with 9/32" tread left (barely 2k miles on them). Will be cleaning them up and posting. PM me if interested.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

I also just installed these. I have about 1000 miles on them and like them very much so far.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0