XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
nachilus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5 4.8

Proxes STII and Conti DWS ordeal.

Guys,

I have a 2007 4.8 X5 that had on run flats that was worn and I needed to rid of.

I bought the proxies ST II 275/40/20 and 315/35/20 for 214 OEM wheels at a local tire shop. Since day one I had vibration in throughout the car, I brought it back 5 times to the same shop and even took it to another shop to get it road forced balanced and still couldn't resolve the issue.

Unable to resolve the vibration issue, the owner decided to give me a full refund which was very good. During the conversation I picked up that he didn't want to put on a new set of tires and have the same issue so I decided to get the tires elsewhere.

One of my friends mentioned that after he had a set of DWS with a little over a 1000 miles on them and I should try it out before buying new ones.

I had the fairly used DWS (275/40/20)/(315/35/20) and returned the proxes STII for a full refund.

Man what a difference!!

The X5 was smooth the tires quite and no vibration, and they were USED....

After looking at other forums it seems i was not the only ones with vibration issues, but it could also be a bad set of tire(s).
Observation:

Proxes STII:
Hardly any rim protection
They are much narrow than the contis
They edge are more rounded than contis so visually it minimize the width of the rear
Wet and Dry driving same as conti
Appreciate 0