XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
pers785
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Comfort Access with Coding for folding side mirrors

Just wondering if I were to have coding done for the car to allow the side mirrors fold automatically, will that work with comfort access locking?

I've noticed I never use my key to lock the car now with comfort access. I simply use the finger sensor to lock it. I am confirming if the side mirrors will still fold when locking it that way, or if the car MUST be locked by the remote to force the mirrors to fold.

Just wanted to confirm before I code for it and realize Ill never be able to use it if its only compatible with key fob locking.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pers785 View Post
Just wondering if I were to have coding done for the car to allow the side mirrors fold automatically, will that work with comfort access locking?

I've noticed I never use my key to lock the car now with comfort access. I simply use the finger sensor to lock it. I am confirming if the side mirrors will still fold when locking it that way, or if the car MUST be locked by the remote to force the mirrors to fold.

Just wanted to confirm before I code for it and realize Ill never be able to use it if its only compatible with key fob locking.

Thanks!
Yes, you just hold your finger on the handle a second longer to fold the mirrors. Make sure the coding people know you want that
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Yep just like he said! I bought the Carly app from the App Store and it's super easy to just code yourself. Worth the 44$.

Also buy the Carly WiFi adapter off eBay for cheap if you find a used one.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Sabs1815
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

I attempted to do this with the carly app and found out that my CAS module is no good. After doing a bit of research it seems like a common issue for the CAS module to go bad. You run the risk of bricking it if you attempt to code it and then have to go look for a new module.

Please don't take this as me saying don't do it. I WISH I could get it done just don't want to take my module out and send it out to get reprogrammed.

I was able to code my friend's X5M and his CAS did not have any issues looks like a hit or miss type situation
Appreciate 1
bandwagn232.00