XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
sitsero
Registered
Rep
Drives: x6

X6 Electronic Break Down

Hi guys,
i am writing because I am desperate concering my X6. about a month ago, I received increased battery discharge messege, and every morning the time was reset. This first started after I bought a new bike rack which was at the rear of the vehicle and had a power connection with the car. When ever I switch off the car the tail lights of the bike trailer were on, so I eventually thought, that I was due to the lights. I took off the bike trailer but the problem insisted. The car dealer check the battery everything was ok , he said. after that after some cold days, one night when i turned on the car, where the real problem started...The car started bepping like a xmas tree!!! All the electronic messegers started appearing on the monitor...DTC, ABS, ESP, Tyre Pressure loss, park lights, every possible light on the dash board was on...after I towed the car to the service dealer, he told me probably the battery did all that, but no...after he told me that one of the cars electronic brain (I dont know if this is the correct translation...)was the problem...anyway its been 1 month and still no answer, can anybody help me with his advice?? Thank you for your time reading my post
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

I had a similar problem and it was the battery, they changed it and all is well. I too have a trailer hitch and while trying to fix a trailer wiring problem noted that there is a terminal in the round plug that is always "Hot". It is used for things like trailer lighting (If you have a enclosed trailer and don't want to turn the car on while you step into the trailer). My guess is that when they wired the trailer hitch they used this terminal. Good luck !!
Appreciate 0