XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #969
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
Well, my Repsol wasn't all that cheap.
If you can find a 2013 brand new, it's still gonna be over $10K.
Taxes and everything probably somewhere $11,500-$12,500.
It was more like $12,500-14,500 last year.
Probably wouldn't buy new again. I bought the 650R new, and I didn't feel any different about it from buying the ZX10 used. Honestly, not sure why I bought the 650 new in the first place.

The one on their floor is used. I'm not sure on the mileage, but I think they have it listed at $9,250.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #970
nutmegchoi
Work hard, play harder!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Probably wouldn't buy new again. I bought the 650R new, and I didn't feel any different about it from buying the ZX10 used. Honestly, not sure why I bought the 650 new in the first place.

The one on their floor is used. I'm not sure on the mileage, but I think they have it listed at $9,250.
It's only a year old.
It can't be more than 10,000 miles.
My guess is probably somewhere around 4,000 at the most.
Check to see if it has any aftermarket parts.
My Akrapovic evo system itself was $2,500 + Power Commander.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #971
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
It's only a year old.
It can't be more than 10,000 miles.
My guess is probably somewhere around 4,000 at the most.
Check to see if it has any aftermarket parts.
My Akrapovic evo system itself was $2,500 + Power Commander.
I'll check it out next week when I get my new front tire installed. I can't recall if it had stock pipes or not, I'm pretty sure it did though.

Hell, I can't believe I'm still on stock pipes on my 650.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #972
nutmegchoi
Work hard, play harder!
United_States
Rep

I love my low growl.
And it does get louder when it opens up.

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #973
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I am unfortuately heartbroken, and a bit embarrassed to say that my beautiful 2 wheeled baby was stolen this weekend..

That make two bikes that some coward has taken from me and I was not able to stop him in his tracks because I was not aroung to challenge the thief.

Of course I would want to replace it, but it would just most likely be a matter of time before someone decides to take that one from me too.

Just can't have nice things in this world without someone cowardly plotting against you behind your back, instead of working to earn it (like most of us here) or even having the decency to at least face and challenge the guy you want to take it from.

I am not really the vengeful type, but I REALLY want to cause damage to the flesh of the people responsible for the theft of my perfect (for me) BMW.
Attached Images

09-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #974
nutmegchoi
Work hard, play harder!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I am unfortuately heartbroken, and a bit embarrassed to say that my beautiful 2 wheeled baby was stolen this weekend..

That make two bikes that some coward has taken from me and I was not able to stop him in his tracks because I was not aroung to challenge the thief.

Of course I would want to replace it, but it would just most likely be a matter of time before someone decides to take that one from me too.

Just can't have nice things in this world without someone cowardly plotting against you behind your back, instead of working to earn it (like most of us here) or even having the decency to at least face and challenge the guy you want to take it from.

I am not really the vengeful type, but I REALLY want to cause damage to the flesh of the people responsible for the theft of my perfect (for me) BMW.
That really sucks...
It has to be someone who studied you enough to know you'll be gone over the long weekend.
Do you have any security system at home?

Either way.
Hope they can catch this guy with your bikes.
Or wishing you a smooth transaction with the insurance company.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #975
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
That really sucks...
It has to be someone who studied you enough to know you'll be gone over the long weekend.
Do you have any security system at home?

Either way.
Hope they can catch this guy with your bikes.
Or wishing you a smooth transaction with the insurance company.
Thank you. I really appreciate the well wishes.

You are absolutley right. they must have been watching for a couple weeks at least, because they knew to bring a bolt cutter to cut the lock/chain I use to secure my bike.

Also, my work hours are pretty erratic, so they plotted for the perfect time to strike. bastards.

Still have a little less that 3 months left of good riding weather, so I REALLY am torn between going out to get a replacement now, wait for the insurance to do their thing before picking up a replacement (6-8 weeks)... or maybe just curbing my erge to ride to avaiod going through this again when someone decides to stalk my neighborhood again for potential bike thefts.
      09-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #976
remyd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space gray E92

My new 2013 ninja 650. I don't have many modifications on it yet but it's coming along. Been riding for about 3 months now and I love it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #977
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Thank you. I really appreciate the well wishes.

You are absolutley right. they must have been watching for a couple weeks at least, because they knew to bring a bolt cutter to cut the lock/chain I use to secure my bike.

Also, my work hours are pretty erratic, so they plotted for the perfect time to strike. bastards.

Still have a little less that 3 months left of good riding weather, so I REALLY am torn between going out to get a replacement now, wait for the insurance to do their thing before picking up a replacement (6-8 weeks)... or maybe just curbing my erge to ride to avaiod going through this again when someone decides to stalk my neighborhood again for potential bike thefts.
Sorry to hear about the bike thefts. I purposely didn't get any bikes until I had a garage to put them in. I know not everyone is able to get a place with a garage. I know some people who get first floor apartments to be able to push their bikes in and out of or a house with a walk out basement. It sucks you have to do this but it's the unfortunate reality of motorcycling.

As far as casing out your place, it doesn't matter. Stealing a bike by experienced thieves is easy work. Even with security chains, this won't stop professional thieves. It just takes them moments to cut through any locks or chains and then a few seconds to toss the bike into a van with a mattress to cushion the bike.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #978
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Sorry to hear about the bike thefts. I purposely didn't get any bikes until I had a garage to put them in. I know not everyone is able to get a place with a garage. I know some people who get first floor apartments to be able to push their bikes in and out of or a house with a walk out basement. It sucks you have to do this but it's the unfortunate reality of motorcycling.

As far as casing out your place, it doesn't matter. Stealing a bike by experienced thieves is easy work. Even with security chains, this won't stop professional thieves. It just takes them moments to cut through any locks or chains and then a few seconds to toss the bike into a van with a mattress to cushion the bike.
You are absolutely right. Getting a place with a garage would be ideal. I'm just not ready to lock into a mortgage commitment yet, lol. because of that, I know it would be best for me to just curb my passion for riding until that time comes (much easier said than done).

The smart and experienced motorcycle thieves wont be stopped by pretty much any security measures if they sopt a bike they want. I understand that. it is just a shame, but also realistic that we have to go through extremes to protect our toys when living in an urban environment.

I am still going through withdrawl without a bike. I have my eye on a couple different bikes for a potential replacement, but I know storage and security will be a challenge. I am currently weighing out my security and storage options before I pull the trigger on a new toy... but my S1KRR will be missed for some time.
      09-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #979
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

I park my bike outside my apartment. I haven't had an issue yet. However, I will say that about 3 months after I moved to a new unit across the street from my old unit, the service guy that I hang out with told me that two bikes got stolen from over there during the night. Could have been mine if I still lived there. The sad part is, one of the bikes that got stolen was from a couple that was visiting their kid from three states away.

I don't really care though, I have full coverage, if it gets stolen, I'll take my check and get another one. That's life unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #980
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I park my bike outside my apartment. I haven't had an issue yet. However, I will say that about 3 months after I moved to a new unit across the street from my old unit, the service guy that I hang out with told me that two bikes got stolen from over there during the night. Could have been mine if I still lived there. The sad part is, one of the bikes that got stolen was from a couple that was visiting their kid from three states away.

I don't really care though, I have full coverage, if it gets stolen, I'll take my check and get another one. That's life unfortunately.
Yeah... the motorcycle thieves don't care who they steal from because ultimately, they are not targeting the owner of the bike, rather targeting the bike itself. Doesn't matter if its an elderly couple, young stud, combat vet, or hot chick on 2 wheels. If it's a bike they want, they will steal it if the opportunity presents it's self.

I have to remind myself of that from time to time, because I am NOT the "victimized" type of person. I think that's why I go back and forth with how I deal with the theft of my bike. On one hand, I struggle with the feeling of being victimized, because there is nothing I can do to recover my bike at this point, whereas I can usually control a situation if and when someone tries to bully or take advantage of me. The mature part of me understands that the reality is they targeted my bike, not me. It wouldn't matter who sits in the saddle.

As for Full Coverage Insurance, I have that as well, so I'm just waiting on a check. Honestly, I am in a decent place finacially/credit wise, so I could go out and sign on a new bike today if I wanted to (part of me does) but I definitely bonded with my recently stolen bike, so she will be hard to replace.

Billup, I know you suffered a recent loss as well, so you have an idea of how the feeling of loss is sometimes difficult to get by, as it affects us all in different ways.
      09-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #981
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Yeah... the motorcycle thieves don't care who they steal from because ultimately, they are not targeting the owner of the bike, rather targeting the bike itself. Doesn't matter if its an elderly couple, young stud, combat vet, or hot chick on 2 wheels. If it's a bike they want, they will steal it if the opportunity presents it's self.

I have to remind myself of that from time to time, because I am NOT the "victimized" type of person. I think that's why I go back and forth with how I deal with the theft of my bike. On one hand, I struggle with the feeling of being victimized, because there is nothing I can do to recover my bike at this point, whereas I can usually control a situation if and when someone tries to bully or take advantage of me. The mature part of me understands that the reality is they targeted my bike, not me. It wouldn't matter who sits in the saddle.

As for Full Coverage Insurance, I have that as well, so I'm just waiting on a check. Honestly, I am in a decent place finacially/credit wise, so I could go out and sign on a new bike today if I wanted to (part of me does) but I definitely bonded with my recently stolen bike, so she will be hard to replace.

Billup, I know you suffered a recent loss as well, so you have an idea of how the feeling of loss is sometimes difficult to get by, as it affects us all in different ways.
It really does suck, and when I was living back in MI, I was constantly thinking that someone was going to pick up my bike in the night because lets face it, Metro Detroit was known for thieves, which is probably why my insurance each month was almost $200 for the bike alone. Down here I pay maybe $60 a month for full coverage.

Losing a bike is probably worse than losing a woman. I love my slow 650, it's my baby. I hope nobody steals it, but if they do, I just see it as all the more reason to get back on a liter bike. Think of the positives!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #982
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You are absolutely right. Getting a place with a garage would be ideal. I'm just not ready to lock into a mortgage commitment yet, lol. because of that, I know it would be best for me to just curb my passion for riding until that time comes (much easier said than done).

The smart and experienced motorcycle thieves wont be stopped by pretty much any security measures if they sopt a bike they want. I understand that. it is just a shame, but also realistic that we have to go through extremes to protect our toys when living in an urban environment.

I am still going through withdrawl without a bike. I have my eye on a couple different bikes for a potential replacement, but I know storage and security will be a challenge. I am currently weighing out my security and storage options before I pull the trigger on a new toy... but my S1KRR will be missed for some time.
I agree full coverage is the best protection but you have to worry if you'll be able to get coverage on any new bike you purchase. Two thefts in a relatively short period of time isn't going to win points with the underwriters.

But I know what you're saying about the S1000RR. I've used them on a track and they're just great bikes. If I hadn't purchased the 848 I have, I would have purchased a S1000RR.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #983
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
New to the forum.
Hi, everybody.

Another trackhead here.

Been riding 26 years.
Currently riding my 10th bike 2013 CBR600RR Repsol.

Old rides.

Current ride.

This is what I'm taping about! Nice bikes.
I've been looking at one of the Hondas with the Repsol livery but am also drawn to some of the Ducatis and also Aprilia which I find rather uncommon ( at least in my area)

Here you go forum: little known fact about me...one of my first jobs was selling Honda and Triumph motorcycles. school in the daytime, bike shop at night and FMX/trails all weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #984
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I've been looking at one of the Hondas with the Repsol livery but am also drawn to some of the Ducatis and also Aprilia which I find rather uncommon ( at least in my area)

Here you go forum: little known fact about me...one of my first jobs was selling Honda and Triumph motorcycles. school in the daytime, bike shop at night and FMX/trails all weekend.
You get around!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #985
nutmegchoi
Work hard, play harder!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post

I love them Italians.
But the seat height isn't working for me, so...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #986
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

What do you guys think about 2014 Ducati 899? I am thinking about getting one since my dealer is offering a decent deal?

I used to ride R6, CBR600 and CBR1000. Sold my bike a few (3) years ago and still regret it.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #987
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

I haven't had a chance to ride the 899. My dealer has offered their demo bike for me to try out. I was told the new engine is much better in power delivery and smoothness compared to the previous 848; which I own a 2009 848.

With my 848, it's a different bike than the inline 4s. Being a V twin I really expected a bit more torque at the lower RPM range than what is there. The flip side is the engine does rev pretty well up to 9k+. But in comparison to my other bike a 2004 ZX-10R, the Ninja still pulls better from a low RPM throttle roll.

One thing I can say about the 899 is from just throwing a leg over it, I like the setup much better than my 848. The rake of the rear end isn't so extreme where you feel like you're constantly being pushed forward. Also, I like the new wider tank compared to the 848's narrow tank. I feel I can get a better lock on the tank when riding like what I'm used to with inline 4 bikes. This is important as I'm not spending a lot of time trying to squeeze the tank to keep my weight off the bars.

Ducati's are kind of cool bikes. But I've been sort of jaded by the experience I had with my 848. And having ridden a BMW S1000RR on the track, I would have purchased the BMW over the Ducati if I had done the seat time with the BMW before looking to buy the Ducati.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #988
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

I've just sold my Nightrod and have bought a HP4 Competition which I hope to pick up next week.

I'll post a couple pics when I get it, can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #989
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

yesterday, I made the deal on my replcement bike for my stolen S1000RR. Even though I still miss my Beemer, I believe my next toy will help fill the void, lol.

Got this 2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S at a great deal from a private seller. Just under 3120 miles, this machine is barely used, and the price was right.

Now the wait... once I get the certified check from my bank, I can pick up the title then it's off to the DMV to get her registered, then the fun can begin.

I will dub her Kassidy, AKA Carnage (you Marvel fans get the reference ) as I am sure this machine will live up to the name!
Attached Images

09-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #990
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I haven't had a chance to ride the 899. My dealer has offered their demo bike for me to try out. I was told the new engine is much better in power delivery and smoothness compared to the previous 848; which I own a 2009 848.

With my 848, it's a different bike than the inline 4s. Being a V twin I really expected a bit more torque at the lower RPM range than what is there. The flip side is the engine does rev pretty well up to 9k+. But in comparison to my other bike a 2004 ZX-10R, the Ninja still pulls better from a low RPM throttle roll.

One thing I can say about the 899 is from just throwing a leg over it, I like the setup much better than my 848. The rake of the rear end isn't so extreme where you feel like you're constantly being pushed forward. Also, I like the new wider tank compared to the 848's narrow tank. I feel I can get a better lock on the tank when riding like what I'm used to with inline 4 bikes. This is important as I'm not spending a lot of time trying to squeeze the tank to keep my weight off the bars.

Ducati's are kind of cool bikes. But I've been sort of jaded by the experience I had with my 848. And having ridden a BMW S1000RR on the track, I would have purchased the BMW over the Ducati if I had done the seat time with the BMW before looking to buy the Ducati.
I know exactly what you mean about griping the tank on the Panigales. The design really makes for a nice notch to grip the bike with your legs, giving more feel and control when leaning from side to side. Defintely takes weight off the wrists as well.

As far as the comparison between the Panigale vs the S1000RR, many reviews put the BMW on top, and I can say from experience that the performance of the BMW is OUTSTANDING is every way... but the panigale is not to far away from matching that performance, and is simply stunning to look at, wether it's standing still or in motion.