XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
great info!! so the 8 spd is a 2011 model not 2010? ordering 2011 will be well before April? is this correct. i may have to wait it out.
BMW is switching to 2011s in the spring for most model vehicles. 2010 is a shortened model year for the models making the switch. So yes the April cars will be 2011s. The 2010 ordering banks for dealers has closed on a lot of products already- I am not 100% on the X6 being closed already. This means no 2010 models can be ordered. Dealers have not been given their allocations for 2011s yet- (except some 7 series).

So if the dealer ordered you a car and you pull out now- they will have to take that car since they have that allocation slot- part of the reason they want you to take it.

Quote:
any price jump for the new 8sp or options.
If there is one it will be minimal and well worth it, there may be an extra option in there as well for the 2011s. The increased economy of the 8 speed will offset the price difference as will the increased value down the road. Especially if you are buying...

As I always say- everyone makes their own call on when/what to buy- dealers should get more aggressive on pricing with the 2010s if the 11's are not far out.
      01-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
So now i have 1 year old car, with old i drive,old engine 35d and old transmision box....well thank you BMW very much!

Agree this sucks, you use to be able to count on having a BMW for 5 years before major upgrades (each model year would get tweaked a little , options became standard features,etc). BMW is really projecting FU to it's customers lately, they no longer care about customer loyalty just $$$. My first BMW was 1973 bavaria , X6 may be my last. At these prices I have a lot of choices.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

well I cancelled my '10 X6 50i order today. dealer seemed ok about it. said maybe end of feb for '11 order. not getting my hopes up on that. I guess I am gonna wait it out. 8spd sounds great as well as other little additions, like side view. thanks to mapezzul for heads up and advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #26
Rosmoss
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i

Paddle Shifters

I wonder whether the paddle shifters will be revised to left down and right up as on some of the other 2011s. I'd infer that based on the comparison to the DCT but thought I'd ask.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #27
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Agree this sucks, you use to be able to count on having a BMW for 5 years before major upgrades (each model year would get tweaked a little , options became standard features,etc). BMW is really projecting FU to it's customers lately, they no longer care about customer loyalty just $$$. My first BMW was 1973 bavaria , X6 may be my last. At these prices I have a lot of choices.
Hello dear friend,

its hard to explain..not that i dont love my car anymore..its still amazing ride,but...

Lets put it this way...when i was making an order there wasnt an option for night vision,line departure,etc,which i really wanted to order...that was strange,because serie5 E60 has that option...little thing called idrive really didnt bother me at all...but when i saw new updates for engine and gearbox,i really felt doublecrossed...

but that isnt all..i am 100% sure that next year X6 will recive black panel console and side cameras from serie 7...and facelift ofcourse...

Thats just isnt right!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #28
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
well I cancelled my '10 X6 50i order today. dealer seemed ok about it. said maybe end of feb for '11 order. not getting my hopes up on that. I guess I am gonna wait it out. 8spd sounds great as well as other little additions, like side view. thanks to mapezzul for heads up and advice.
Good call - the 8sp will be amazing and get the 40d for awesomeness. If this package is put in the US model X5 I will sell my 2010 X5 35d immediately (which I love deeply) and order the 2011 - I know this sounds crazy but this is how great the 35d truly is on the road - I can't imagine it with the new 8sp and more powerful motor!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #29
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

I just want to know if those diesels are coming stateside..
      01-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #30
Rac10000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPlease View Post
I just want to know if those diesels are coming stateside..
Nope.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
TsunamiFury
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i, Porsche Taycan 4S+

Gonna have to deal with it.

BMW is obviously speeding up production cycles and ramping up new technology and upgrades in a bid to sell more models. The only way they've made it through this recession is by releasing a ton of new models and updates, spurring people to buy new cars.

Be thankful this isn't like Apple or other tech companies planned upgrades that put older products out in the pasture. Sure you're missing a few features, but your car still drives just as well as it always did.

You can't expect a company to not upgrade its product to coddle a few people who want to say they have the top of the line.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #32
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Better choices
BMW wants to stay on top, this is the reason for these updates...
I work for Pirelli, on every year new (developed) tires are released, otherwise the competitiors will overtake u!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #33
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

mapezzul > salesguy

Sales people just want to sell, they really don't care...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #34
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiFury View Post
Gonna have to deal with it.

BMW is obviously speeding up production cycles and ramping up new technology and upgrades in a bid to sell more models. The only way they've made it through this recession is by releasing a ton of new models and updates, spurring people to buy new cars.

Be thankful this isn't like Apple or other tech companies planned upgrades that put older products out in the pasture. Sure you're missing a few features, but your car still drives just as well as it always did.

You can't expect a company to not upgrade its product to coddle a few people who want to say they have the top of the line.
This many changes so close is not reasonable. BMW can do what it wants I sure they have people lined up to pay $100k for their cars, not likely I'm going to be one in the future. Since this many changes affects resale value not sure the line will be that long. The recession isn't over it's just getting started.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #35
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Hello dear friend,

its hard to explain..not that i dont love my car anymore..its still amazing ride,but...

Lets put it this way...when i was making an order there wasnt an option for night vision,line departure,etc,which i really wanted to order...that was strange,because serie5 E60 has that option...little thing called idrive really didnt bother me at all...but when i saw new updates for engine and gearbox,i really felt doublecrossed...

but that isnt all..i am 100% sure that next year X6 will recive black panel console and side cameras from serie 7...and facelift ofcourse...

Thats just isnt right!
The side view camera from the 7 series is already announce in the press release as an upcoming option. However, regarding the black panel console, I'm not sure if that would make it with the facelift which is due 2012. Yet, I wouldn't doubt it as much now given BMWs state of semi-annual updates.

Actually, I'm not against BMW updates except the pace in which they're implementing them. Why not just introduce all these new changes together with the new year model and make eveyone happy with their new purchase instead of making some people feel left behind with options that you wish were available like few months earlier...? I think one or two members here already changed their mind regarding their 2010 purachse and optioned to wait and we're only in Feb. If many people do the same, I'm sure their 2010 sales for the first few months will be affected. To be honest, these semi-annual changes are not very welcome, especially for someone like me who just took delivery of X6 a month ago

Last edited by XBMW6; 01-28-2010 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #36
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBMW6 View Post
The side view camera from the 7 series is already announce in the press release as an upcoming option. However, regarding the black panel console, I'm not sure if that would make it with the facelift which is due 2012. Yet, I wouldn't doubt it as much now given BMWs state of semi-annual updates.

Actually, I'm not against BMW updates except the pace in which they're implementing them. Why not just introduce all these new changes together at the beginning of the year and make eveyone happy with their new purchase instead of feeling left behind with options that you wish were available like 6 months earlier...? I think one or two members here already changed their mind regarding their 2010 purachse and optioned to wait and we're only in Feb. To be honest, these semi-annual changes are not very welcome, especially for someone like me who just took delivery of X6 a month ago
I agree with you 100%. I was one who really ordered and then canceled my '10 order to wait.
I really am hoping it won't take to long before the '11 order bank opens. Is there any educated guess as to when this will happen?
scott
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #37
TsunamiFury
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i, Porsche Taycan 4S+

Breaking News: Rare niche sportscar/SUV hybrid not a good investment.

Its a cutting edge model... it doesn't stay that way by standing still. If you bought in on one of things thinking it would be a solid investment you must be seriously kidding yourself. Veryfew BMW's are other than the 3 and maybe the 5. Look at the residuals... they ALL take major hits when they are north of 55k.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #38
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiFury View Post
Breaking News: Rare niche sportscar/SUV hybrid not a good investment.

Its a cutting edge model... it doesn't stay that way by standing still. If you bought in on one of things thinking it would be a solid investment you must be seriously kidding yourself. Veryfew BMW's are other than the 3 and maybe the 5. Look at the residuals... they ALL take major hits when they are north of 55k.
For me, it's not about investment or residuals...it's about buying a premium car and be able to enjoy it without feeling sorry having to miss out on options i wanted that I wished i knew about a few months. A I said earlier, I'm not against BMW updates except the pace in which they're implementing them. These announced changes and additions, along with the newly implemented iDrive, make the car seem already facelifted in terms of specs.

Also, you don't have to bring out new changes every 6 months to make your product fresh and niche. Porsche are niche sports cars and they don't get that much updates within a short time frame.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 01:15 AM   #39
Sammydtd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6 50

Now I don't feel so bad about taking a 30% hit on my 08 50 when I sold it last week (mine had only 10,000 miles), God knows how much worse it could have gotten if the new 2011 had all these changes and was out on the market! Still miss it though! I agree with Deda though, as a customer and driver of the X6 you feel scammed but as a BMW lover and a car fan in general its nice to see BMW keep up not only with the latest gizmos and trends, but by trying to stay ahead as well!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 03:15 AM   #40
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

I am for progress,and new technologies..i love them..but this isnt serie 1,this is BMW premium model and i didnt expected these changes so quickly..Sometimes i think they hurried up with introduction of X6 just to be the first on market with this kind of model...however i enjoy my car and i knew this gonna happend,just didnt expected so early...enjoy yours X6,it fantastic ride!
Appreciate 0