XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #1057
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
I see Reverend Al showed up adding fuel to the fire
You almost can't blame him - this type of situation is like catnip to him, he just can't help himself.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1058
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Al Sharpton and Quannel X prey on poor black people......

they have a funny way of "helping".....
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #1059
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

this makes sense.....

(CNN) – The curfew has been called off, but the national guard has been called in after some of the worst violence yet between police and protesters inflamed over the fatal shooting of unarmed black 18-year-old Michael Brown by a white officer.

The clearest account yet of Officer Darren Wilson's version of events was phoned into a national radio show Monday. A woman identified only as "Josie" called Radio America's "The Dana Show" claiming to be a friend of Wilson's, and gave his side of the story.

A source with detailed knowledge of the case says Josie's version accurately matches what Wilson has told investigators.

CNN has methodically and deliberately vetted this woman's account, and offer it because it squares with officer Wilson's account, whose side of the story really has yet to be told.

In the last week, CNN has brought eyewitness accounts from three individuals from the community who say they saw what happened.

It is in the interest of everyone that we hear the officer's side as well.

Josie says Wilson initially saw Brown and his friend walking in the middle of the street, rolled his window down and told them to get over.

When they wouldn't, "he pulled up ahead of them, and he was watching them, and then he gets the call in that there was a strong arm robbery, and they give the description. And he's looking at them, they've got something in their hands, it looks like it could be what – the cigars or whatever, so he goes in reverse back to them," Josie told Radio America.

Police on Friday released video which they say shows Brown committing a strong arm robbery at a convenience store, stealing about $50 worth of cigars, minutes before the shooting.

When Wilson tried to get out of his car, Josie said she believes Brown slammed the door back on him, then a struggle ensued.

"As he stands up, Michael just bum rushes him, just shoves him back into his car, punches him in the face. And then of course Darren grabs for his gun. Michael grabs the gun. At one point he's got the gun totally turned against his hip, and Darren shoves it away. And the gun goes off," she said.

But the results of an autopsy requested by Brown's family released Monday do not show any evidence on Brown's body that he and the officer tussled.

"There weren't any signs of a struggle. In talking about a struggle, one of the things that the attorneys have also asked for is the medical examination of the officer," medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden told reporters.

That is inconclusive – to really make a ruling on a struggle, the examiners would need to see Wilson's medical report as well.

After the initial shot, the woman claiming to be the officer's friend says Brown tried to flee.

"Michael takes off with his friend, they get to be about 35 feet away and Darren, of course protocol is to pursue. So he stands up and yells 'Freeze!' Michael and his friend turn around, and Michael starts taunting him, 'Oh what are you going to do about it?' You know, 'You're not going to shoot me.' And then he said all the sudden he just started to bum rush him, he just started coming at him full speed, and so he just started shooting, and he just kept coming," Josie said.

Brown's friend and a number of witnesses claim he was not charging at the officer at that point, but rather had his hands in the air.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #1060
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

To be fair "I heard it from his significant other" is what Josie says lead to her having the information.

Could Wilson AND the 3 witnesses have the same story? I think they actually could when the timing gets straightened out.

Wilson comes back after realizing Brown meets the description in the APB. Brown slams the door/punches Wilson. As the two back away from the car, Wilson yells "Get the F on the sidewalk" (NOT because they were j-walking)

They run, then stop. Upon the rush back at the officer, Wilson fires. When Wilson adjusts his aim from arm to head, then Brown begins to fall forward and his arms come up as a result of momentum, but the final round has already been squeezed off and hits him the final time.

I would still be interested in seeing a picture evidence of the result of the encounter on Wilson. Does he have bruising on either his side or face consistent with his story? A 300lbs dude slamming the door into your hip is going to leave a mark!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #1061
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Lost one contact lens washing my face. Should be a fun commute home.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #1062
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

they just keep weeding themselves out.....

another black dude tries to get stupid with cops, then gets shot to death...

no sympathy from me.....

3:05 p.m. ET: St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said the suspect, a 23-year-old African-American male, had been involved in a convenience store theft early Tuesday afternoon and was seen acting eratically. When two officers stopped him, the suspect shouted, "Shoot me! Kill me now!" The suspect refused verbal commands to stop and approached the officers holding a knife in an "overhand grip," getting within three or four feet of them, police said. Both officers fired at the suspect, killing him.

"Every police officer out here has the right to defend themselves," Dotson told reporters.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #1063
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
this makes sense.....

(CNN) – The curfew has been called off, but the national guard has been called in after some of the worst violence yet between police and protesters inflamed over the fatal shooting of unarmed black 18-year-old Michael Brown by a white officer.

The clearest account yet of Officer Darren Wilson's version of events was phoned into a national radio show Monday. A woman identified only as "Josie" called Radio America's "The Dana Show" claiming to be a friend of Wilson's, and gave his side of the story.

A source with detailed knowledge of the case says Josie's version accurately matches what Wilson has told investigators.

CNN has methodically and deliberately vetted this woman's account, and offer it because it squares with officer Wilson's account, whose side of the story really has yet to be told.

In the last week, CNN has brought eyewitness accounts from three individuals from the community who say they saw what happened.

It is in the interest of everyone that we hear the officer's side as well.

Josie says Wilson initially saw Brown and his friend walking in the middle of the street, rolled his window down and told them to get over.

When they wouldn't, "he pulled up ahead of them, and he was watching them, and then he gets the call in that there was a strong arm robbery, and they give the description. And he's looking at them, they've got something in their hands, it looks like it could be what – the cigars or whatever, so he goes in reverse back to them," Josie told Radio America.

Police on Friday released video which they say shows Brown committing a strong arm robbery at a convenience store, stealing about $50 worth of cigars, minutes before the shooting.

When Wilson tried to get out of his car, Josie said she believes Brown slammed the door back on him, then a struggle ensued.

"As he stands up, Michael just bum rushes him, just shoves him back into his car, punches him in the face. And then of course Darren grabs for his gun. Michael grabs the gun. At one point he's got the gun totally turned against his hip, and Darren shoves it away. And the gun goes off," she said.

But the results of an autopsy requested by Brown's family released Monday do not show any evidence on Brown's body that he and the officer tussled.

"There weren't any signs of a struggle. In talking about a struggle, one of the things that the attorneys have also asked for is the medical examination of the officer," medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden told reporters.

That is inconclusive – to really make a ruling on a struggle, the examiners would need to see Wilson's medical report as well.

After the initial shot, the woman claiming to be the officer's friend says Brown tried to flee.

"Michael takes off with his friend, they get to be about 35 feet away and Darren, of course protocol is to pursue. So he stands up and yells 'Freeze!' Michael and his friend turn around, and Michael starts taunting him, 'Oh what are you going to do about it?' You know, 'You're not going to shoot me.' And then he said all the sudden he just started to bum rush him, he just started coming at him full speed, and so he just started shooting, and he just kept coming," Josie said.

Brown's friend and a number of witnesses claim he was not charging at the officer at that point, but rather had his hands in the air.
Why does the media keep referring to the fact that he was unarmed? What is that implying? That you're immune from getting shot unless you're armed yourself? Stupid. I wish we had US-like cops in Europe. Everyone would behave a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #1064
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

"These things gotta happen every five years or so...ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood" - Fat Clemenza
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #1065
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

article titles are hilarious on Yahoo: "With City on Edge, St. Louis Police Shoot and Kill Another Man"

...should have read "With City on Edge, St. Louis Police Are Attacked by Knife Wielding Protestor"
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #1066
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Why does the media keep referring to the fact that he was unarmed? What is that implying? That you're immune from getting shot unless you're armed yourself? Stupid. I wish we had US-like cops in Europe. Everyone would behave a bit more.
Simple. Because if he had a weapon on him, he could easily inflict injuries and damage onto the cop, thus either get charged heavier if he survives, or having the cop's actions more justified if he was killed, like "shit man, the guy had a gun so I had to defend myself!"... Versus being unarmed where the cop's best defense is "He was charging at me with an unlit cigar, I saw my life flashing before my eyes!", and the suspect appears more helpless and bullied, and builds a stronger case for unjustified brutality that way, gaining more sympathy in both the eye of the public and the judge (but unfortunately still more or less rigged in favor of the cop).

Be careful what you wish for in terms of enforcement though... Best case but rarest scenario: you get a bunch of people scared shitless and are as scared of committing crime as being a turkey in November, whilst worst case scenario: Anarchy and rebellion, or just smaller scale law-breaking in general... Or basically what you're seeing in terms of civil unrest in Eastern Europe / Middle Eastern countries.
Attached Images

::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #1067
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Damn this thread done got crapped upon.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #1068
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

^ That Pew Pew meme....baaahhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Damn this thread done got crapped upon.
It went from First World Problems to Real World Problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #1069
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Simple. Because if he had a weapon on him, he could easily inflict injuries and damage onto the cop, thus either get charged heavier if he survives, or having the cop's actions more justified if he was killed, like "shit man, the guy had a gun so I had to defend myself!"... Versus being unarmed where the cop's best defense is "He was charging at me with an unlit cigar, I saw my life flashing before my eyes!", and the suspect appears more helpless and bullied, and builds a stronger case for unjustified brutality that way, gaining more sympathy in both the eye of the public and the judge (but unfortunately still more or less rigged in favor of the cop).

Be careful what you wish for in terms of enforcement though... Best case but rarest scenario: you get a bunch of people scared shitless and are as scared of committing crime as being a turkey in November, whilst worst case scenario: Anarchy and rebellion, or just smaller scale law-breaking in general... Or basically what you're seeing in terms of civil unrest in Eastern Europe / Middle Eastern countries.
It's actually the Eastern Europeans and North Africans the police needs to watch out for in Western Europe. Who do you think is committing most crimes?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #1070
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

The Excel file I'm working on is 115 MB so whenever it auto saves, it freezes and I can't type anything in the spreadsheet.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #1071
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

My checking account has a negative balance of $-20.00. So I need twenty dollars just to have nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #1072
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/25/a...-flight-today/

#firstworldproblems
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #1073
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

^^The most disturbing part of that article is the pic of the bozo with his bare feet. I pity the person across the aisle from him.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #1074
Helltime
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 135i sport package

Winter will be here soon, I have 2 summer cars and only a 1 car garage, trying to decide which one will suffer in the cold/snowy driveway is agonizing!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #1075
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helltime View Post
Winter will be here soon, I have 2 summer cars and only a 1 car garage, trying to decide which one will suffer in the cold/snowy driveway is agonizing!
I used to rent a storage garage for the Z4. $80/month beat parking my X5 in the cold, which I did for a year.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #1076
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
My checking account has a negative balance of $-20.00. So I need twenty dollars just to have nothing.
That just means you are a real American
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #1077
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helltime View Post
As @M_Six said, rent something for the other car(s). I ended up building a warehouse that was heated because of the number of people that I knew that were having this kind of issue for where to store any kind of summer toys. Turns out I can rent out the extra space to almost exclusively friends/family/employees that I pay all of the expenses on the place as well as put a couple dollars in my pocket. Depending on where in IA you are, you may want to look into something like this or you could be an enterprising individual and start a company that builds them.

If you go the second route, I will take my standard fees of 8%
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #1078
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Got paid a day early, I hate surprises.