XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-04-2023, 03:54 PM   #1
Santiago89
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive35d

Exclamation DSC lignt on, Wipe always on, Dealer canot fix

I have a 2012 BMW X5 with less than 40K miles. I had AAA tow the car to BMW dealer for battery replacement beause it ran out of battery and we couldn't start the car with portal charger. The dealer replaced battery and ground strap. However, when I picked up the car the following week, I found wipers are always on, DSC light always on, brake light yellow always, turn signals don't cancel. Other than that, the car runs fine.

Dealer said all those issues were caused by low battery which I don't agree. I took the car to another BMW dealer. They did the diagnosis, said the f-can communication fault is the issue. They replaced the SZL assembly and DSC sensor, but none fixed the problem. The next fix they recommended was to replace ABS module and they quoted $7900 for that. They don't know if that will fix the issues though. The service manager there even suggested that I consider other options for the vehicle.

Has anyone seen similar issue in the past and what is the fix for that? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 07:43 PM   #2
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Sounds like frm failure. There are people that can fix the frm if you send it to them. I found someone on eBay and it was only like $50.
      07-04-2023, 09:22 PM   #3
Santiago89
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
Sounds like frm failure. There are people that can fix the frm if you send it to them. I found someone on eBay and it was only like $50.
Thanks! My merchanic has the same guess but he is not sure. I called the dealer afterwards. They said it is definitely not FRM based on their diagnosis. They have done FRM replacement tons of time already.
Appreciate 0