XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i

Computer Problem (SOS system failure) on my new X6

I only have 2,100 miles on my X6 xDrive50i, and I'm already in for my first service. While sitting in park, with the radio on, I opened the tailgate to load my snowboards. After closing the trunk, the radio went off and all the internal audio and bluetooth functions went with it. The car runs fine, and A/C and navigation still work, but AM/FM radio, Sirius Satellite, AUX, and Bluetooth all don't function. I have the SOS service, so I hit the button and spoke to their rep, she couldn't identify where my vehicle was (Part of the service), and told me there was nothinig they could do, I had to birng it in for repair. Unfortunately, no one in the service department at South Bay BMW has even worked on an X6, much less a SOS Sytem problem. Considering what I have spent and put into the car (I have every single extra and option available on this vehicle, including after market illuminated door sills & powder coated wheels), I am beyond frustrated. Any ideas?

Last edited by foofitr; 12-24-2008 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

bmw service must repair you x6!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #3
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

As some of us are beginning to realize, we're the first run guinea pigs, doing volunteer work for the warranty dept. of BMW!
Otherwise known as the lemonaid club! Not xclusive to any one brand, Owners of any brand can join!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Sorry to here this , unfortunately you have to take it to the service guys , ya doesn't thrill me either. I don't have that much confidence that folks with knowledge of electronic circuits are being hired by the service dept.

I use to live in Hermosa (the strand near 16th), miss the beach but not LA.
      12-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Don't worry, most of BMW services around the world never worked on the X6. So they need time to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

yes,thats true!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Puka
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

I think u must have guarantee for your car and if something does not work they should replace the whole system with a new one, that would be a good solution.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofitr View Post
I only have 2,100 miles on my X6 xDrive50i, and I'm already in for my first service. While sitting in park, with the radio on, I opened the tailgate to load my snowboards. After closing the trunk, the radio went off and all the internal audio and bluetooth functions went with it. The car runs fine, and A/C and navigation still work, but AM/FM radio, Sirius Satellite, AUX, and Bluetooth all don't function. I have the SOS service, so I hit the button and spoke to their rep, she couldn't identify where my vehicle was (Part of the service), and told me there was nothinig they could do, I had to birng it in for repair. Unfortunately, no one in the service department at South Bay BMW has even worked on an X6, much less a SOS Sytem problem. Considering what I have spent and put into the car (I have every single extra and option available on this vehicle, including after market illuminated door sills & powder coated wheels), I am beyond frustrated. Any ideas?
Don't worry. I may have to go thru the buyback process with mine which I am not looking forward to. Already had mine in service for 29 days since I owned it and they still can't fix my steering problem. I am going to have to contact BMW NA next step when I return from vacation.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Don't worry. I may have to go thru the buyback process with mine which I am not looking forward to. Already had mine in service for 29 days since I owned it and they still can't fix my steering problem. I am going to have to contact BMW NA next step when I return from vacation.
Shenard ,
sorry to hear you troubles are still going on.

DM
      12-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #10
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Shenard ,
sorry to hear you troubles are still going on.

DM
+1! that sucks!
Appreciate 0