XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

new member - trying to figure out the options

hi guys,

I am planning to upgrade my MDX to X5 (2012-2013) and I am trying to figure out what is the difference between the Sport and M Sport packages (for 35i).. Is it only the trim/rims? Or the suspension is also different?
I definitely want to have wider fender flares with wider tires/larger rims, this is why I am looking at these two packages. Of course M Sport looks nicer but there are only a few of them comparing to just Sport ones...
What about the engines? the same power (I am talking about 35i not 50)
I just don't want to get the regular X5 and then upgrade the rims/trim/etc - would be a lot of hassle I believe..
And does it make sense to urge the dealer to change the non-flats to regular tires? or just use whatever it would have and then get a set of new regular tires..
thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnake View Post
hi guys,

I am planning to upgrade my MDX to X5 (2012-2013) and I am trying to figure out what is the difference between the Sport and M Sport packages (for 35i).. Is it only the trim/rims? Or the suspension is also different?
I definitely want to have wider fender flares with wider tires/larger rims, this is why I am looking at these two packages. Of course M Sport looks nicer but there are only a few of them comparing to just Sport ones...
I just don't want to get the regular X5 and then upgrade the rims/trim/etc - would be a lot of hassle I believe..
And does it make sense to urge the dealer to change the non-flats to regular tires? or just use whatever it would have and then get a set of new regular tires..
thanks!
Might be putting up for sale, if interested...

It has everything you listed, it's not msport but has all the right options.

2011 LCI
Deep sea blue metallic/ Oyster interior
20" inch wheels
Fender flares
ContinentalSport5 tires RFT
BavSound speaker upgrade

Let me know what you think.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by e70msportmia View Post
Might be putting up for sale, if interested...

It has everything you listed, it's not msport but has all the right options.

2011 LCI
Deep sea blue metallic/ Oyster interior
20" inch wheels
Fender flares
ContinentalSport5 tires RFT
BavSound speaker upgrade

Let me know what you think.
I will send you a PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnake View Post
hi guys,

thanks!
Since I'm new to the X5 platform I'll just speak off of what I know from owning a 335i and what I've noticed with this platform. I'm sure someone will chime in and give some feedback.

Believe the steering wheel is thicker in the M, seats might be as well because I have the sport not the M sport. Suspension shouldn't be different but I could be wrong. M sport I believe has the wide flare kit, if not the ones I've seen seem to come with them already installed.

Power wise: Should be standard due to the engine being the same (3.5i) of course nothing bigger. Wheel specs should run the same, I'd definitely would get rid of those RFTs for someone NON-RFTs. I'm running on a wider staggered set up with non-RFTs and love it. Having the dealership do it might cost more than just doing it yourself. STEALERship for a reason right hahaha.

Anyways, hope this helps some

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0