XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Xfanatic
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6 5.0i

Door open alert issue !!!!!

I bought my 2014 X6 5.0 in February of 2018. It has 35,000 miles. It is still covered under the maintenance and factory warranty. I bought the car from a used car dealership (not BMW). The car has only 1 previous owner.

2 weeks after getting the X6 I get in the truck and after driving for 10 minutes the door open alert came on and the interior lighting came on. I got out, opened and closed all the doors, got back in and the alert was off. I drove off and the alert came back on, interior lighting was still on. Once I came to the next traffic light the alert went off. Every time I'd accelerate the alert would come back on and once I came to a stop the alert would go off. I manual turned off the interior lights and dealt with the alert chimes all the way home. Annoying as hell!!!

Once home I turned off the X6 and locked the doors but the locking chime did not sound. I noticed the interior lights were still on. I turned them off and locked the doors. Still the locked chime would not sound. All the doors were locked though. The next day the truck was completely normal. A few days later it happened again.

-1st Bmw visit - BMW said the door handles needed to be changed. All 4 were changed.

1 week later the same thing happened again indicating the drivers side door.

-2nd BMW visit - BMW changed the actuator for the drivers door.

1 week later the same thing happened again this time indicating the passenger door.

-3rd BMW visit - BMW changed the footwell module.

2 days later the same thing happened again indicating the drivers door.

I'm dropping the truck off this week for the 4th time.

Has anyone else had this else? I need help understanding this. Please!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

If they can't fix it after this many tries, you have a lemon. Let BMW NA know.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
Xfanatic
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6 5.0i

Issue fixed. Corrosion was found in wiring. They removed the drivers door panel and checked the power ground and signal at drivers door lock actuator and found when moving the harness there was an opening in the ground cable. They then checked the connection between the A pillar and door and found corrosion on the ground cable. Replaced the faulty cable, put the door back together then checked the remains 3 doors and found no issue on those doors or any other wiring. I've had it back a week now and all is well. I hope it's finally fixed. Fingers crossed!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

i really hate BMW's electronic systems.. they re too complicated even for themselves whats the point..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 05:29 AM   #5
peter2772000
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i really hate BMW's electronic systems.. they re too complicated even for themselves whats the point..
Agree 100%. Take a look to see what's involved in the opening of the glove-box. Bloody crazy...
2019 4Runner
Appreciate 0