XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-23-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
txpander
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 xDrive 40d

Garage List
BMW X6 E71 Coding Software & Cables

I am new to BMW cars. Current vehicle is a X6 xDrive 40d (European) from 2013 and I would like enable/disable some features but don't know what software I need and where to find it.

I did some google research but didn't find anything so I would appreciate it if someone helps a bit.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Welcome.

The link below will guide you to everything you need to know about coding.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I just did this with help from this guy, I paid a little extra to get a session with him but well worth it. He installed all of the software on my system (this can be daunting for a newbie like me to coding) and made some mods for me (I ran screen recording so I could study it later). After looking at the software install and stuff if you find your not comfortable like I was I recommend his service. He was helpful in tracking down a cable for my car as the one I had bought was not the correct one.

Here is the Fiverr link
http://fiverr.com/cj83lex/give-you-e...-code-your-bmw

For only $5, cj83lex will give you everything you need to code your BMW. I will give you a package containing the following: - EDIABAS - BMW INPA (used for Diagnosis and error resetting) - BMW NCS Expert Tool

UPDATE: since first doing this 3 years ago with help from above , I installed Esys on my laptop and read a lot in the coding forums. I have recoded my car sucessfully 4 times . The new technologies that are coming out now make this a lot easier and are phone based, lot easier than dragging laptop around.

Last edited by dmlgc; 07-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #4
vladslifesquared
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M E71

If anyone is interested in learning how to code the x6m you can checkout my youtube channel its the same as my username here. It only cost me 20$ and I coded it myself.

Appreciate 0