XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
ryansumm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6M 5.0D Carbon Black

Question New BMW X6M 5.0D But have a question

Morning Guys,

Ive just picked up a new BMW X6M 5.0D from my local BMW at the weekend (this is my 3rd X6 UK model) however I have a question about the day-running lights - I thought the X6 had a bit of a facelift and it included newer style lights - but this morning I caught a glimpse of the day running lights and they still are a yellowish tinge halo, not the pure white halo I was expecting .. have I missed something off the order sheet ? for a car of that type of model I would of thought bmw would of made an effort with the light ?

many thanks for the reply's

Ryan UK - Essex area
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
UltimateManga
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & X6

Hi mate, unfortunately BMW didn't change the front lights on the LCI model they remain the same which is alittle gutting! I replaced the the angel eyes with some high power LED's makes it look alot nicer in my opinion so thats the only way to go.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
ryansumm
United Kingdom
Rep

That's proper w*nk, thanks for the reply, was it a straight swap out ? fairly easy to do ? where did you get them from
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Latorre
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i

Angel eyes

Sorry to hear about hat light issue. I would have thought that BMW would for sure have upgraded them, especially on a Hoyt ride like that!!?

Anyway, google Lux Angel Eyes, they are the premium brand that I used and they get the job done with an OEM look and no issues.

As for the install, it can be a little tricky but if you play around behind the headlamp you'll find that the swap if fairly easy. It took me around 35 minutes mostly through trial and error.

Best!!

Brian
Valhalla, NY
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
UltimateManga
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & X6

To be fair I found it very easy to install in no more than 10 mins. I brought the 32w angel eyes from Ish on the forum here for £100 inc delivery and highly recommend these as I think prob some of the best LED angel eyes I've seen so far!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

To my knowledge, the LCI updated the headlights for all x6 and the x5m(since it has the x6 lights). The lights aren't just LEDs of the current "yellow version but completely different. I believe they are an option however and will run you around 4k USD.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...9QEwAQ&dur=367
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #7
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansumm View Post
Morning Guys,

Ive just picked up a new BMW X6M 5.0D from my local BMW at the weekend (this is my 3rd X6 UK model) however I have a question about the day-running lights - I thought the X6 had a bit of a facelift and it included newer style lights - but this morning I caught a glimpse of the day running lights and they still are a yellowish tinge halo, not the pure white halo I was expecting .. have I missed something off the order sheet ? for a car of that type of model I would of thought bmw would of made an effort with the light ?

Ryan UK - Essex area
Full LED look different (better), LUX Angel Eyes is the way to go. I was hesitant for a while as it is the only non OEM mod i purchased EVER, but it is definitely worth it. Enjoy your car, it is a beast, a colleague of mine just got one and it really is an awesome car.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansumm
Morning Guys,

Ryan UK - Essex area
Go for LUX H8 v3 you wont be dissapointed with the results
      07-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Morning Guys,

Ryan UK - Essex area
What is an X6M 5.0D?

To my knowledge the X6M is a 4.4L Twin Turbo V8. Are there different engines out there for the X6M?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Its the Diesel version of the M, and it is a monster in torque
      07-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #11
ryansumm
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for all the reply's guys, defo going to order the lux lights, any one can recommended a good uk seller for these ?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
corrosion
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Various

Thumbs up

Quote:
Morning Guys,

Ryan UK - Essex area
Hi,

I was in the same position a few weeks ago, called and emailed a few places with no end result.

After a bit research I settled on these, doddle to fit too.
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-h8-9w ... 2-3-x5-x6/

Also changed the Fog Lamps to the H8 35w xenonmatch below, again doddle to install.
http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Only other lighting mod I may do is change the interior lights to LED`s.

Cheers !
Regards

uplandsway x6
2011/11 E71 BMW X6 40d
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 LCI (Space Gray)

Hellst H8 CREE LEDs on X5M
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856204