XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
A12DY B
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330I M SPORT

M Style Uk Warning

Just a quick warning,

As many will remember I ordered a X6 in NOV last year, after a few delays I received the car in Jan

However my 21" BMW alloys was still not delivered, so a deal was done on the 20" BMW alloys so I could take an already delayed delivery.

At this point I looked into IFORGED wheels, MSTYLE were the suppliers. They told me they could do me and individual set of wheels for £5600 which would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. I followed their advice and cancelled my BMW alloys and an order was placed with a £2000 deposit

When 6 weeks past I spoke to Paul @MSTYLE to see what day I could collect my wheels, to be told he would email the factory. From this I was told there were delays and 2 more weeks were needed.

Emails over the following 2 weeks showed no signs, so at the 8 week point I cancelled the wheels, he emailed back apologising and said he was out the office for a week and would sort it when he returned,

Tonight at the 9 week point he called and said they were ready and they would be sent from America soon. At which point I said after all the hassle I was no longer interested and as per my email last week wanted to cancel and expected a refund.

He said he was not willing to issue a refund, so I am now having to go through my credit card company

Take this as a warning before purchasing from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Good to know, thanks for passing it on.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Sharpie12
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 SG/SO

He didn't do anything wrong. This has happened to me waiting for wheels. I waited for a Neez wheel from Japan for 3 months. He has nothing to do with the time it takes for him to receive the wheels, it's the manufacturer. Don't you think it's in his best interest to get you the wheels ASAP? As far as the money you gave him...well he spent that money to get your wheels made. And now they are made, but you don't want them because it took longer than expected. Be a little understanding and good luck in the future.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
A12DY B
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Admin please remove

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12DY B View Post
Just a quick warning,

As many will remember I ordered a X6 in NOV last year, after a few delays I received the car in Jan

However my 21" BMW alloys was still not delivered, so a deal was done on the 20" BMW alloys so I could take an already delayed delivery.

At this point I looked into IFORGED wheels, MSTYLE were the suppliers. They told me they could do me and individual set of wheels for £5600 which would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. I followed their advice and cancelled my BMW alloys and an order was placed with a £2000 deposit

When 6 weeks past I spoke to Paul @MSTYLE to see what day I could collect my wheels, to be told he would email the factory. From this I was told there were delays and 2 more weeks were needed.

Emails over the following 2 weeks showed no signs, so at the 8 week point I cancelled the wheels, he emailed back apologising and said he was out the office for a week and would sort it when he returned,

Tonight at the 9 week point he called and said they were ready and they would be sent from America soon. At which point I said after all the hassle I was no longer interested and as per my email last week wanted to cancel and expected a refund.

He said he was not willing to issue a refund, so I am now having to go through my credit card company

Take this as a warning before purchasing from them.
I waited 9 months for my Gold Advans Yokohama RS wheels from Japan
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #6
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Bad service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie12 View Post
He didn't do anything wrong. This has happened to me waiting for wheels. I waited for a Neez wheel from Japan for 3 months. He has nothing to do with the time it takes for him to receive the wheels, it's the manufacturer. Don't you think it's in his best interest to get you the wheels ASAP? As far as the money you gave him...well he spent that money to get your wheels made. And now they are made, but you don't want them because it took longer than expected. Be a little understanding and good luck in the future.
Sorry Sharpie, can't agree. The supplier has to now what his factory can deliver, at all times. A promise is a promise. To me, the supplier broke his. The customer didn't; his money was there.

Too much useless, mediocre service. People need to stand up for themselves against this.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #7
A12DY B
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

MSTYLE have now done everything they can to resolve this issue, and I am pleased with the way they have handled the issue
Appreciate 0