XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
evanyork
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW | e92 M3

2013 X5 35i Premium Pkg??

Anyone familiar with Hi-Line Garage based out of Charlotte, NC?

Been a BMW owner for several years, but don't know a whole lot about the reliability / real maintenance schedule of the X5 35i.

My girlfriend is looking, travels a good bit regionally for work, particularly in eastern NC where there's potential icy / snow conditions.

We're looking at this car tomorrow: http://www.hilinegarage.com/used/BMW...58388f274a.htm

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have the same color for sale if interested with oyster interior. Mine has a lot more bells and whistles...

Let me know if your interested, i can send you complete details.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanyork View Post
Anyone familiar with Hi-Line Garage based out of Charlotte, NC?

Been a BMW owner for several years, but don't know a whole lot about the reliability / real maintenance schedule of the X5 35i.

My girlfriend is looking, travels a good bit regionally for work, particularly in eastern NC where there's potential icy / snow conditions.

We're looking at this car tomorrow: http://www.hilinegarage.com/used/BMW...58388f274a.htm

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 11:45 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

It's really light on the options, I'd pass and look for something with more equipment. 35i's are plentiful, especially if you're willing to travel a bit.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
It's really light on the options, I'd pass and look for something with more equipment. 35i's are plentiful, especially if you're willing to travel a bit.
By light on options what options should he be looking for, for many not versed in the car I'd bet many don't even know what options you could get on the vehicle. So to a novice it may looked well equipped so please give some options many should look for and can't do without !

For me it was the 3rd row seats and rear heated seats with quad climate control !

Some features like BMW connect & online and the SOS button to get to BMW services won't work anymore on the e70.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
By light on options what options should he be looking for, for many not versed in the car I'd bet many don't even know what options you could get on the vehicle. So to a novice it may looked well equipped so please give some options many should look for and can't do without !

For me it was the 3rd row seats and rear heated seats with quad climate control !

Some features like BMW connect & online and the SOS button to get to BMW services won't work anymore on the e70.
Ya I gotcha, I usually do list stuff out. OP has 1 post and never returned, so not gonna bother listing everything out unless he/she returns and asks.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 08:57 PM   #7
evanyork
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW | e92 M3

Thanks for feedback, all.

Some options such as third row, quad climate control, etc. are more "nice to haves".

Our main concern is mechanical reliability. I own an e92 M3, and already have disclosed the cost to maintain BMW's to my girlfriend (it will be much higher than her current Jeep). Is there anything we should be on the lookout for on a 50K+ mile car when we go check it out?

I PM'ed you @e70msportmia.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #8
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanyork View Post
Thanks for feedback, all.

Some options such as third row, quad climate control, etc. are more "nice to haves".

Our main concern is mechanical reliability. I own an e92 M3, and already have disclosed the cost to maintain BMW's to my girlfriend (it will be much higher than her current Jeep). Is there anything we should be on the lookout for on a 50K+ mile car when we go check it out?

I PM'ed you @e70msportmia.
Well on the n55 they usually have oil leaks from the valve cover, oil pan and oil filter housing / heat exchanger.

Get all the fluids changed if not already done. Don't believe that lifetime fluid bullshit, if the dealer doesn't want to change the fluids take it to another one because they obviously don't know what their doing. After my trans flush the transmission felt new and tight again and the lurching and shifting issues vaporized.

Other than that check drive shaft boots, belts, all that jazz. Also check the upper bulk head when you open the hood, their often broken and fixed badly to hold up the part. If broken make them replace it.

Also after a long test drive make sure you twist around and work that transfer case and check for any shuddering while turning tight. Or turning in reverse. Any vibration and you need a new one and that part alone is 4K unless you buy a rebuilt.

Otherwise it's been a rock solid vehicle, You'll always have the ones that are lemons and ones that run forever so just check the fundamentals and hope for the best.

The N55 are pretty robust and should give you many happy motoring miles.

I'm up to 115k miles today and still running strong, no oil consumption and purrs like a kitten.

The only reason it's more expensive to own the BMW is the dealers charge an arm and a leg for their hourly rate, find an independent or do it yourself if you can. They also charge far to many hours for the job. They quoted me over 8 hrs for a transfer case and I did it in less than 5 and that includes bullshitting around.
Appreciate 0