XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #1
Movado750
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M Sport

New engine fluids recommended

Replacing my engine and looking for fluid recommendations.

All fluids will be replaced.

Any other engine replacement recommendations welcome also. Redneck said to do a meth injection. Looking into…

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 05:26 PM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movado750 View Post
Replacing my engine and looking for fluid recommendations.

All fluids will be replaced.

Any other engine replacement recommendations welcome also. Redneck said to do a meth injection. Looking into…

Thanks,
When I recommended meth, its only needed if you push past 600hp, which will require a custom tune + jb4 to hit, otherwise just mix in a few gallons of E85 + octane booster if you are staying with the Dinan tune. I am at 580hp and that mix has been working excellent, I am only adding meth as I want to take it to the next level. Meth will not do anything unless you tune for it (timing, boost, fueling)

As for fluids, Use Liqui Moly 5w40 leichtlauf high tech. After the break-in period on the engine, add 1.5 cans ceratec to the oil. Change your oil every 5K. I am 171K miles on original engine tuned to M power levels and I beat this thing every day, oil changes and keeping the engine running cool (don't sit and idle for long periods, avoid stop and go traffic, take the long way on the highway) are how to get every mile possible out of it.

Use BMW coolant and upgrade the thermostat now to the 90C version before the new engine is installed to make it easy. Add redline water wetter to the coolant.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
Movado750
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M Sport

Redneck, I'm gonna scrap the Dinan tune and go with the JB4. Which tune do you recommend?

These plugs
ngk 97506 plugs
Is this the JB4?
N63/N63R/N63TU JB4 Tuner its $600?

As fare as index 12 injectors. Which ones?

Hey I'm willing to pay you for your time on how to build this thing the right way. I'm not a fan of pissing $$ away. Vemo paypal. You sound like you know your Shit.

This will not be a DD. Like I said in previous threads if I'm gonna do it I want to do it right.

My engine is at my shop as of Wednesday. two weeks early..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:58 AM   #4
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movado750 View Post
Redneck, I'm gonna scrap the Dinan tune and go with the JB4. Which tune do you recommend?

These plugs
ngk 97506 plugs
Is this the JB4?
N63/N63R/N63TU JB4 Tuner its $600?

As fare as index 12 injectors. Which ones?

Hey I'm willing to pay you for your time on how to build this thing the right way. I'm not a fan of pissing $$ away. Vemo paypal. You sound like you know your Shit.

This will not be a DD. Like I said in previous threads if I'm gonna do it I want to do it right.

My engine is at my shop as of Wednesday. two weeks early..
I'll PM you my number, will be happy to help you on building it. As for payment, I am in middle of developing a completely new intake to support 600+ Hp and help with its development costs would be all the payment I would need and would benefit anyone who runs a N63.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 11:21 AM   #5
bubarak
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

its not mistake on next 1000 km to replace the engine oil again , and to check what is the condition on replaced oil.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #6
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

On the fluids, I run the same oil as S.R. and have the low temp thermostat and oil cooler stat, at least according to the temps I see on the cluster. Coolant I use either the O.E. fluid or Rowe, whichever is available and has the better price at the time.

On the meth idea, I would actually toss in another positive for it, being that it is spraying down the intake valves, which should help with carbon buildup since the fuel isn't doing it on these engines.
Appreciate 0