XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-20-2023, 06:59 PM   #1
Aleks2505
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3, 2012 X5 35i

BMW E70 Stalled while driving

Hello everyone, reaching out here hoping someone may be able to help. My first time posting so bare with me. I have a 2012 BMW x5 35i (m sport if it matters) and I had the car stall on me while driving at about 60MPH (100KM/H) on the highway. Car lights were on, car had power, it just shut off and I coasted to the right and stopped. Tried to start it numerous times and could not. I could hear the starter click but that was all. Called for a tow, had it towed home, (was upset cause the flatbed had to drag the car up without putting it in neutral but this model you have to crawl under the car, remove the shield and screw in the allen key) Anyhow, car got dropped off at my house, and law and behold, started just fine. I have a 2 year old OEM battery, 12.6V sitting, and 14.5v while idling, so both battery and alternator are not suspect to me. Checked grounds and has really good ground using a Volt meter, both at engine and to the body. I put the Inpa on it and got some strange codes, 003887 Vehicle voltage, voltage too low. The other was 005DCE, DSC control unit, undervoltage. Battery terminals on tight, car drove fine before this and is driving okay on some short trips now, but paranoid to take it on longer trips. I know there was a recall on E9X chassis for positive battery cable but not for E70: so not sure what else to look for. Forgot to add: No engine lights on and nothing of an error displaying on the dash at this time.

Last edited by Aleks2505; 10-20-2023 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: adding more information
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2023, 06:05 PM   #2
Dijetoluv@aol.com
Rep
Drives: BMW X-5d

Aleks2505, did you ever figure out what caused your issue? I had a very similar occurrence except my x-5d would not restart.
Appreciate 0