XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
DrMattN40
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Loss of Power!

Last night on my way home from a late shift my X5M lost power and had all kinds of warnings come up about "reduced engine power" out of nowhere, with sputtering and feeling as if half the cylinders were firing. I pulled over, turned the engine off and restarted it in better, but not perfect condition. This morning there was a high pitched sound, similar to a bad belt, from the engine and/or drive train, as well as much rougher idle even after warm and feeling as if it was going to stall.

It is at BMW of North Scottsdale now... hopefully my extended warranty covers most of it... and I haven't even added an exhaust or tune yet!
      10-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
DrMattN40
Private
Rep

So new vacuum pump, injectors, spark plugs and some more (waiting to see itemization) and a charge of over $9000 . Warranty company sent and inspector and are covering nearly everything. Glad my credit union has a great extended warranty. Worth it's weight in gold! Will get the beast back tomorrow or Tuesday... I'm tired of driving this 320i
      10-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
drccw
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMattN40 View Post
So new vacuum pump, injectors, spark plugs and some more (waiting to see itemization) and a charge of over $9000 . Warranty company sent and inspector and are covering nearly everything. Glad my credit union has a great extended warranty. Worth it's weight in gold! Will get the beast back tomorrow or Tuesday... I'm tired of driving this 320i
Nice to hear- what warranty do you have?

drccw
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
sergeny1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4C

What warranty do you have ?Thinking about getting x5m in next few weeks. Thank you in advance !
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:28 AM   #5
DrMattN40
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drccw View Post
Nice to hear- what warranty do you have?

drccw
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeny1 View Post
What warranty do you have ?Thinking about getting x5m in next few weeks. Thank you in advance !
My Warranty thru my credit union is National Auto Care... the same that many dealerships use. Seems legit so far.