XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
MonacoJoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M - Carbon Blk

please help me diagnose problem!

i have a 2011 x5m

so past two weeks ive noticed that 50% of the time I start up and drive there is some vibration and rougher ride than normal. Don't think its rims and tires b/c they are all recently checked and the problem disappears sometimes completely

I am thinking its something either with xdrive being off or perhaps the suspension

car drives ok but feels less secure than normal. more bouncey in the rear, mor e vibration in the steering wheel and throughout the car. seems to take road bumps much harder esp from the rear. almost feels like there is a slight flat or bent rim when i am on perfectly smooth road. feel it at high and low speed though at low its less intense. again, thought it might be tire/wheel related but it goes away completely sometimes.

any thoughts??
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
MonacoJoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M - Carbon Blk

ironically given the note on the recall the vibrations were due to bad front drive shaft...add me to the list. 49,800 miles. Seems to be the norm that its a 50K thang...
Appreciate 0