XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #23
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey.Donatelli View Post
Executive Choice - Steve - 303-668-0543
http://autosdetail.net/index.php
That's a terrible Web site and I did not see any examples of cars he's detailed. Not to say this is the case with your guy, but the guy who the local Ferrari dealerships recommends here is terrible. So don't go by that only. I'd say most reputable detailers are member of a forum. Ask him to send you some examples and write ups of cars he's detailed.

Also, did you ask him which products he uses? What buffer does he have? Is it rotary or DA? Which brand of pads? What polishes? Will he use a wax, or a sealant? If so, what kind?

I am a passionate detailer (personal and for my friends) and have seen a lot of people get burned (no pun intended) by guys who don't do it right. I detailed my friend's S5, and here is a write up of it: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633221. Ask the detailer you're thinking of sending you something like that.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #24
nabizzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M LBB

that really is a horrid website, if i was a detailer i would let my work do the talking on the page, not the same bs about coming to my customers or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #25
Joey.Donatelli
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
That's a terrible Web site and I did not see any examples of cars he's detailed. Not to say this is the case with your guy, but the guy who the local Ferrari dealerships recommends here is terrible. So don't go by that only. I'd say most reputable detailers are member of a forum. Ask him to send you some examples and write ups of cars he's detailed.

Also, did you ask him which products he uses? What buffer does he have? Is it rotary or DA? Which brand of pads? What polishes? Will he use a wax, or a sealant? If so, what kind?

I am a passionate detailer (personal and for my friends) and have seen a lot of people get burned (no pun intended) by guys who don't do it right. I detailed my friend's S5, and here is a write up of it: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633221. Ask the detailer you're thinking of sending you something like that.

Now you have me questioning if I should go with someone else. This guy seems to be more "old school" I think he's been doing it a long time. But, that could mean bad habits and old equipment. I have done some research online but not having any luck with finding anyone in Denver. Any suggestions on finding a professional detailer?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #26
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Now you have me questioning if I should go with someone else. This guy seems to be more "old school" I think he's been doing it a long time. But, that could mean bad habits and old equipment. I have done some research online but not having any luck with finding anyone in Denver. Any suggestions on finding a professional detailer?
Depending on what you're looking for, I've had a few of my cars done at Jazz Car Wash on Santa Fe. They're pretty good for routine detailing, and general cleanup but if you're looking for some serious paint correction that's probably a bit above their pay grade.

Nevertheless, if Ferrari of Denver swears by this guy I don't think you can go that wrong. People who buy $200k cars are usually pretty discriminating, and I can't imagine they'd let just any hack grind away on their Italian paint.

Just my .02.
      03-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #27
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
I would check out the big detailing sites such as Detailing Bliss and post up asking for a good detailer. As a matter of fact, Detailing Bliss has a section just for that.
Appreciate 0