XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-02-2024, 08:47 PM   #1
RussMcclain
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E 70 x5 M , E 36 M3

Garage List
Comfort access e70 X5 M

Has anyone ever had their comfort access system fixed ? Mine has no access to comfort At the moment
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2024, 08:20 AM   #2
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M

Are you refereeing to the whole system or individual components? Soft close doors, door handles, etc? Many different components make up the system, and you need to specify which one's you're having issues with. The door handles seem to be the most common problem on the Comfort Access system. I have it on my 13' X5M as well and everything is working flawlessly. Little bit more information would help.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 04:56 PM   #3
RussMcclain
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I was talking about the fact that only the buttons on the actual key fob worked none of the systems that work with the key fob in your pocket worked
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 05:04 PM   #4
RussMcclain
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So today I actually got the comfort access system fixed and dirt cheap considering it’s a BMW $225 to diagnose and find out 10 keys had been programmed into the system ( that’s to many ) deleted all the other keys added my key and now I have a fully functioning comfort access system. And on an unrelated note while looking through the owners manual books last weekend I found papers for the BMW saftey system for the original owner. If you follow the pga tour you may have heard of John Cook 11 time winner on the pga tour. Hey John if you are a member here hit me up when you come to Michigan and I will let you take your old ride out for a spin, it’s still a beautiful beast .
Appreciate 0