XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
X6 V8TT
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 5.0

Has anyone has heard of Singh Autosport??

I just picked my new X6 5.0 from BMW of Fremont just the other day. They referred me to this place called Singh Autosports for an ecu upgrade, has anyone experienced their work before? In never heard of this company before. They told me they already have an ecu upgrade avaliable. I think thats hard to believe since no other company is offering it. Anyone knows anything about them? I have an appointment with them tommorow? Please advise.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6 V8TT View Post
I just picked my new X6 5.0 from BMW of Fremont just the other day. They referred me to this place called Singh Autosports for an ecu upgrade, has anyone experienced their work before? In never heard of this company before. They told me they already have an ecu upgrade avaliable. I think thats hard to believe since no other company is offering it. Anyone knows anything about them? I have an appointment with them tommorow? Please advise.

Thanks
Never heard of them. The only ones that seem to have an active project on tuning the X6 50i is Dinan, and I believe they are still working on the tuning package.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

How many bmw's have they mod?
What's the warranty on their work?
does it void bmw warranty??
B careful who u hands keys of your nu $80,000 to !
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Only company I would trust with my $80k+ X6 is Dinan.
They have the know how, reputation and back it with warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
My advice to you is to enjoy your car as it is, a 5.0 must be a great car, later maybe one year from now or maybe more, you can think on upgrading your ECU, that way you will feel a difference, but right now you dont know your car since is brand new.....also be carefull since upgrading ECU's as someone mention above, it is not a joke, you will have to buy from well known companies such is Dinan or Hamman or ACSchnitzer
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
X6 V8TT
Rep

When I picked my car I spoke to them (BMW of Fremont) about Dinan and they told me BMW of North America had dropped Dinan a long time ago. After reading the previous comments I started to have some doubt so I took a quick drive over there today. I went to see what they were about. There was a SL65 Black Series there and damn does that car look even nicer in person. There was also an R8 and Bentley Flying Spur there too. I must admit after seeing those cars my X6 didn't seem that important anymore I spoke to the owner and he told me he's been in this industry for 19 years now, this guy seemed really knowledgeable and at time's seemed a little cocky.He told me he was first person to have new software upgrade for the E90 M3. He also claimed that his company is the only one in America that has European launch control for both the M5 and the M6. I just have seen his You Tube video on that. I was a bit surprised. He told me has the software for the X6 5.0 and it delivers’ 80 horsepower increase and 65 pounds of torque. The fact that BMW of Fremont can vouch for his work. I’m crossing my fingers I hope it’s goes ok. I'll let you guys know what happens
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 03:45 AM   #7
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

How come Steve Dinan is still viiting bmw dealers doing promos around the country if he has been dropped??
May be some dealers dropped Dinan because they were not getting enuf business or mark up from Dinan.
Maybe these guys give your Fremont dealer kick backs!
Wouldn't hurt to ask for his clients list for reference.
Do your own due diligence. Caveat Emptor!
If u wanted power why not get the x6 M then mod that!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
+ 1, get an X6M and be happy
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #9
A-E
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 TT 5.0

Garage List
2009 X6 TT V8  [0.00]
Hello everyone...This is my first post...

So how did it go? I also spoke to Jags from Singh Autosport. I am also considering the upgrade and have the same questions and concerns as you do.Did you do it? How is it?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
+1. Don't go with anyone other than Dinan for this vehicle. They have been working on the tune for about a year now and told my the new ECU maps are so complicated and they are in their final tuning stages for the 50i. I am waiting for their tune because of the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #11
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
How come Steve Dinan is still viiting bmw dealers doing promos around the country if he has been dropped??
May be some dealers dropped Dinan because they were not getting enuf business or mark up from Dinan.
Maybe these guys give your Fremont dealer kick backs!
Wouldn't hurt to ask for his clients list for reference.
Do your own due diligence. Caveat Emptor!
If u wanted power why not get the x6 M then mod that!
Dinan never got dropped from BMW. He was never technically affiliated with BMW and was always his own separate company but just had a very good relationship with them and has been tuning their vehicles for many years. By tuning your BMW you are technically voiding your warranty on those parts but he is covering those parts and pay for the labor and parts if they fail. He has Dinan authorized dealers, like my dealer, that he has been working with for many years and they now install his products and repair them and has individual dealer accounts with them.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Thought I would post this in order to make some people understand the type of character that runs this place...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...re-of-package/

Feds seek forfeiture of 'package'
Two speakers stuffed with $274,912 in dollars, pounds

By Lawrence Buser (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EDITOR'S NOTE: According to Jags Gill, his company, Singh Autosport, continues to do business in Fremont, Calif. The company's Web site is singhautosport.com

A FedEx package passing through Memphis from England two years ago raised the curiosity of security agents who noticed the sender had spent more than $400 to ship stereo speakers he valued at $281.

Now federal prosecutors in Memphis, suspecting a money-smuggling operation, have filed a forfeiture petition seeking to seize the $274,912 in dollars and British pounds they found hidden inside the two Sony speakers.

The money and speakers sent from a "Mr. J. Gill" of Middlesex, England, was headed for Singh Autosport, a company in Fremont, Calif., that does not exist, according to state business records there.

Also, although the contents were marked as "Sony accoustic speakers Ebay buyer," U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and eBay investigators determined that no one had purchased the speakers through the online shopping Web site.

A man identifying himself as "Jags Gill" began calling for the package, but could not provide serial numbers for the speakers. He later provided model numbers and dimensions for the speaker.

Meanwhile, a month later in November 2006, authorities in Louisville, Ky., seized $231,891 in British pounds hidden in a table top at the UPS International Air Hub.

The money was connected to a "Jaspal Gill" in London and is the object of a separate forfeiture action.

I don't care what is outside the shop.. Or what is done around it.. A lot of happy customers bought Skylines from MOTOREX... and we know how that turned out... (If you don't go and do a google search)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Thought I would post this in order to make some people understand the type of character that runs this place...

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EDITOR'S NOTE: According to Jags Gill, his company, Singh Autosport, continues to do business in Fremont, Calif. The company's Web site is singhautosport.com

A FedEx package passing through Memphis from England two years ago raised the curiosity of security agents who noticed the sender had spent more than $400 to ship stereo speakers he valued at $281.

Now federal prosecutors in Memphis, suspecting a money-smuggling operation, have filed a forfeiture petition seeking to seize the $274,912 in dollars and British pounds they found hidden inside the two Sony speakers.

The money and speakers sent from a "Mr. J. Gill" of Middlesex, England, was headed for Singh Autosport, a company in Fremont, Calif., that does not exist, according to state business records there.

Also, although the contents were marked as "Sony accoustic speakers Ebay buyer," U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and eBay investigators determined that no one had purchased the speakers through the online shopping Web site.

A man identifying himself as "Jags Gill" began calling for the package, but could not provide serial numbers for the speakers. He later provided model numbers and dimensions for the speaker.

Meanwhile, a month later in November 2006, authorities in Louisville, Ky., seized $231,891 in British pounds hidden in a table top at the UPS International Air Hub.

The money was connected to a "Jaspal Gill" in London and is the object of a separate forfeiture action.

I don't care what is outside the shop.. Or what is done around it.. A lot of happy customers bought Skylines from MOTOREX... and we know how that turned out... (If you don't go and do a google search)
Sounds like a classy place.

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M

Last edited by SandmanTR; 09-25-2009 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Don't risk your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
X6 V8TT
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Thought I would post this in order to make some people understand the type of character that runs this place..." . How well do you know the owner???

I had my car tuned by them and it came out perfect.

I suppose keeping money in shoe boxes isn't cool anymore or maybe a shoe box just isn't big enough.

Props to anyone who can f*%k off over 500k

I'm not going to hate
21" Double Spoke Wheels
Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

Quote:
"Thought I would post this in order to make some people understand the type of character that runs this place..." . How well do you know the owner???

I suppose keeping money in shoe boxes isn't cool anymore or maybe a shoe box just isn't big enough.

I'm not going to hate
I am also interested in the ECU flash by Singh... Dinan has been saying for months that they are coming out with their upgrade and they still haven't final tested it yet...

Is there a way I can buy a second ECU and have it shipped to Singh for the flash and still keep my original ECU in case I need warranty work.... Would that work or would the iDrive still flag things...?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #17
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm not going to hate
what kind of numbers did you get and how much did it cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

So, a little update. I have emailing back and forth this whole weekend with the people from Singh Autosport...

Good news for the NY X6 owners. These guys will be coming next month to NY and tuning X6's in Manhattan via OBD2 port. They are asking for $1249 for their flash and you can expect about 80 hp and 60 lb/ft torque improvement. I told them to sign me up since I'm tired of waiting for Dinan. if anybody else interested, check out their blog or you can email them.

I'll let you all know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post

what kind of numbers did you get and how much did it cost?
+1. . . and what type of warranty do they provide when the proverbial fecal matter hits the osculating device?

Don't be surprised if the local dealership says "nice tune - better go get your bimmer fixed at your tuner shop because you're no longer covered by BMW."

People criticize Dinan for a lot of reasons, but he’s the only one that provides a comparable warranty. It's interesting talking with him last weekend, he mentioned that one of the reasons BMW is really cracking down and changing the ECU coding is to provide fail safe diagnostics showing tunes and other mods that were reversed before they were brought into the dealership for repairs. Frankly, I don’t blame BMW one bit.

It’s one thing to drive your BMW in an enthusiastic manner, which is what everyone including BMW expects. But it’s another thing to pull the cats, run a tune, nitros and then when something hits the fan, reverse all that sh*t and have it towed to the dealer. The SA asks “what happened?”, and the person shrugs his shoulders and says “I don know.”. You may or may not get caught, but it ain’t right IMHO.

Last edited by teagueAMX; 10-11-2009 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post

+1. . . and what type of warranty do they provide when the proverbial fecal matter hits the osculating device?

Don't be surprised if the local dealership says "nice tune - better go get your bimmer fixed at your tuner shop because you're no longer covered by BMW."

People criticize Dinan for a lot of reasons, but he’s the only one that provides a comparable warranty. It's interesting talking with him last weekend, he mentioned that one of the reasons BMW is really cracking down and changing the ECU coding is to provide fail safe diagnostics showing tunes and other mods that were reversed before they were brought into the dealership for repairs. Frankly, I don’t blame BMW one bit.

It’s one thing to drive your BMW in an enthusiastic manner, which is what everyone including BMW expects. But it’s another thing to pull the cats, run a tune, nitros and then when something hits the fan, reverse all that sh*t and have it towed to the dealer. The SA asks “what happened?”, and the person shrugs his shoulders and says “I don know.”. You may or may not get caught, but it ain’t right IMHO.
Good advice teagueAMX,

I agree 100% . BMW is cracking down, I know of one lately at my dealership that was refused coverage by BMW because it had been tuned.

If you are going to get your car tuned Dinan is the only one to do it with, his warranty will give you some relief. There may be other folks that offer cheaper tunes but unless they are backing it with a warranty you better be prepared to eat an 80k plus car when something goes wrong.

The tuners that tell you to just unplug/reset your car before taking to the dealer are not up to date on BMW's efforts to not eat cost due to excessive tuning (they are very serious about this).
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #21
Ronno111
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S-AMG/ 2014 X5 50i

Jeez, I know I am a year late on this post,, but I had a DINAN stage 2 in my M3,, when I had a major problem BMW told me my car is "Dinan red flagged" in the computer, warranty VOID. They would not cover the problem. When I called Dinan, they said the type of problem coud not possibly be caused by their ECU flash. Both shrugged their shoulders and I was left with a $6,000 bill from an independent mechanic and without a car for 2 long months.

Due to the non-disclosure agreement, I can't tell you how the lawsuit ended up ))),,, but should suffice to say I will pass on the DINAN "fully matched warranty" sales pitch and go with the totally undetectable ECU flash that is NNNOOOOTTT tied to the BMW computer network. Dinan=Royal Screwing

CURRENTLY: 2014 MB E63AMG-S, CF package loaded, Weistec 725hp ECU on order, Dado downpipes; 2014 BMW X5 50i ||| FORMERLY: 2008 E60 M5 ||| 2011 X5 50i, ECU upgrade to 485hp, LOADED ||| 2009 BMW 335xi, jb4 map5, downpipes, spings, etc. |||
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #22
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno111 View Post
Jeez, I know I am a year late on this post,, but I had a DINAN stage 2 in my M3,, when I had a major problem BMW told me my car is "Dinan red flagged" in the computer, warranty VOID. They would not cover the problem. When I called Dinan, they said the type of problem coud not possibly be caused by their ECU flash. Both shrugged their shoulders and I was left with a $6,000 bill from an independent mechanic and without a car for 2 long months.

Due to the non-disclosure agreement, I can't tell you how the lawsuit ended up ))),,, but should suffice to say I will pass on the DINAN "fully matched warranty" sales pitch and go with the totally undetectable ECU flash that is NNNOOOOTTT tied to the BMW computer network. Dinan=Royal Screwing

Thinking that BMW can't detect any sort of tuning if they want to is foolish.
If you are going to do any tune you need to be prepared for the consequences. if you are, just do it and enjoy it. If it breaks don't whine
just accept that you pushed the limits and this time it didn't go so well.
Appreciate 0