XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

11-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
vlodzjo
Rep
Drives: X6

Advise on TPMS

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I am getting new wheels and snow tires but my dealer told me that I need to buy TPMS from them because there are new type of TPMS going on new X6 in last six month. Any one knows what is the difference between old and new ones ? Will old ones not work on X6 of 2012?

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
launchcontrol
Banned
Rep
Drives: AlpinewhiteM3DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlodzjo View Post
I am getting new wheels and snow tires but my dealer told me that I need to buy TPMS from them because there are new type of TPMS going on new X6 in last six month. Any one knows what is the difference between old and new ones ? Will old ones not work on X6 of 2012?
Frequency is different so yes, the old ones will not work on cars post 10/10 production date
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
apollner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

I'm ordering a set of X6 Performance Wheels, Style 375 for my X6 currently in production. There are 2 part numbers, one for cars produced before 10/10 another for those after 10/10. This seems to support what you state as a change in frequency of the devices. Do these Wheel & Tire sets already come with the TPMS inside? I couldn't find any mention of this in the description of the accessory part.

It would seem like they should, otherwise, you'd need to take the tires off the rims, install TPMS, and put them back. Doesn't make sense, especially since they would need to be rebalanced.

Can you confirm that these sets ship with TPMS?
Appreciate 0