XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

02-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
CjonesE92
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi E92

Garage List
Lightbulb Detroit Home Rehab Project! A Must Read

Hello all!
I would like to introduce myself to the community here, my name is Chris Jones. I am from the the Boston area, and have been active on the New England forum. I am a jr in college and have just purchased my first home in Detroit, MI. I will be taking it on as a full fledged DIY project, I am calling it RECO DETROIT (Renovations Eco-friendly).

I am making it into a DIY haven with a DIY guide and a time lapse of everything I do in the home! It will be a fully eco-friendly DIY as well as much as possible. I am looking to do all LED lighting fixtures throughout, one of my goals equip the home with solar panels and a small windmill on-top of the home and the garage. I will be using this house to showcase what the city of Detroit can be with a little bit of good old American Ingenuity!

Please follow my project and give me advice and feedback along the way at my website recodetroit.info There you will find links to my blog write ups and the before pictures as of now with the afters to come in the next few months! My overall goal of this project is to bring awareness to the city of Detroit and make it into the Green envy of all other cities.

Although this is my first full home reno, but it will not be my last! I plan on purchasing more homes in the Detroit area to fix them up, make them inhabitable and create a safe place for Detroit residents to move into.

However I am still new at this and I know that I cannot go it alone, since it will be a summer project of mine I will not have time for a full time job, however I am creating this into an un-paid internship for myself to count towards my graduation of college. This leaves me with only the low budget that I have saved up already. I am looking for sponsors for this home to help my vision come to life. I will be making this into a large spectacle for the world to see. If you are interested in sponsoring my mission please contact me at cjones@recodetroit.info

Thank you all!

Here is the link to my gofundme.com page! Anything and everything helps!
gofundme.com/recodetroit
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Maybe try rocket hub or other online funding sources. Contact suppliers to see if you can get discounts or freebees in return for your advertising their products.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

That's awesome Chris! Welcome to the D and to the Mitten. Best of luck with the project!

-Greg
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
CjonesE92
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Maybe try rocket hub or other online funding sources. Contact suppliers to see if you can get discounts or freebees in return for your advertising their products.
Good luck!
Thank you for the input! Haven't heard of Rockethub but I will definitely check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
That's awesome Chris! Welcome to the D and to the Mitten. Best of luck with the project!

-Greg
Thank you sir! I am looking to have some kind of cookout once the weather gets nicer and would love to have forum members from the area come! I will keep you updated
Appreciate 0