XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 50i

Velos tune review

Folks, while reviewing the various tunes, narrowed it down to dinan and velos; obviously velos sounds like more on the budget solution..

Did anyone (except velos sales lol) had any issue with their tune?
I'm thinkin of stage1 software tune for my 50i
Thanks
      08-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

"Budget Solution" :-/

I think the guys there are great.

Sincerely,

Not Velos Sales.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Brian425
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

I chose Dinan's stage 2 for my 2012 X5 50i. For me the choice came down to Dinan's warranty and the fact that a local BMW dealer is also a Dinan dealer.

I had a chance to drive a X5 50i with a Velos tune. It was fast. Honestly too hard to tell by seat of the pants compared to my truck. The owner was very happy with the tune and did not mention any issues to me.

I have heard good things about Dinan and Velos. Honestly, I don't think you can go farwrong with either one. Pro for Dinan = Dinan picking up the Warranty, Negative - you pay alot more for the Dinan warranty.

I guess the simple question you need to answer is:

Is the Dinan warranty worth the difference in price between the Velos and Dinan tunes?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
rangerfan
Rep
Drives: '13 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian425 View Post
Is the Dinan warranty worth the difference in price between the Velos and Dinan tunes?
To me that's the only concern. To get my new ride tuned by the same guys who are going to service it was worth the $2k.

I did the Stage 2 on my 2013 35i on Monday, and I have to say, I love it. The turbo lag is pretty much gone, and the car is noticeably faster.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan View Post
To me that's the only concern. To get my new ride tuned by the same guys who are going to service it was worth the $2k.

I did the Stage 2 on my 2013 35i on Monday, and I have to say, I love it. The turbo lag is pretty much gone, and the car is noticeably faster.
thanks guys; it is a difficult choice thou; especially that my car is 2011 so the balance of original warranty expires in a year. I'd have to pay dinan 2k for 1yr of warranty...
huh..
chris
      08-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnyc View Post
thanks guys; it is a difficult choice thou; especially that my car is 2011 so the balance of original warranty expires in a year. I'd have to pay dinan 2k for 1yr of warranty...
huh..
chris
Chris,

Understand your concern. The main idea of going forward with our personal tuner solution was to offer a setup that would allow the client to have control of going back and forth from their factory tune to our performance tune. We have sold several of these and we are confident you will be pleased.
Appreciate 0