XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #23
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
I refuse to buy ANY Citgo products due to their ownership by the Venezuelan government. As you may or may not be aware, the President of Venezuelan Hugo Chavez is Communist dictator. HE HATES America and is not shy about his dislike. He recently had his bid to become "President for Life" narrowly defeated 51% to 49%. It would not be a surprise if he would again make an attempt to become "President for life". He has also made threats to cut of all Venezuelan Oil to the US as a means to hurt the US economy and raise oil prices. I am not a political expert, but I, also with many others, refuse to buy Citgo products. I have read that in light of the situation, many others are also boycotting Citgo products. In response, Citgo is contemplating a name change on their gasoline service stations. I won't tell anyone what products to buy. Just saying what I and others are doing and why.
why would you buy gas from citgo.. that gas is crappy stuffs. i feel sorry for your car if u pump it
      12-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #24
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich_Menace View Post
then get out of IRAQ and Afghanistan
So when can we get out of Germany? It's not like the Rooskies are likely to roll their tanks through your living room. If their tanks can even start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
F*CK CITGO... I will never pump a gallon of their fuel into my car. :finger:
You might, anyway! Gasoline is a fungible commodity. If you look at the US interstate gasoline pipeline transportation system, Citgo may put gasoline into the pipeline that your local Exxon distributor takes out.

I avoid Citgo stations because the way they were adjusting their prices during the gasoline shortage and in its aftermath suggested that they were either lazy or didn't know what the hell they were doing -- they were dropping prices while the NYMEX price was going up, and raising prices while the NYMEX price was going down. I hope they pay more attention to brewing gasoline, since we all need to buy what comes out of the pipeline.

BTW Venezuela has a per-capita GDP of $7200 vs the US $43,800. It's a poor country.

If Chavez's electorate ever saw the lifestyles the people he was giving free heating oil to are leading, his head would be mounted on a pike in no time.
E91 6MT Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #25
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Didn't Chavez "donated" tons of heating oil/gas to the poor community of New Orleans after Katrina; while your administration abandoned them Bush ruined the States
True, but you should know that it's just a ploy by Chavez to win sympathy from the poor Amercicans and other poor peoples in South and Central America. This is one of the reasons why he almost won a referandum to be president for life in Venezuela, an obvious totalitarian act just to solidify his own interests. Fortunately the Venezuelan people are smarter than he thought so he was defeated. Trust me, what Bush did or didn't do for Katrina victims was unacceptable but we still have one of the better demorcracies in the world.
      12-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #26
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (the now "slow" bmw)

Citgo

I live in New Hampshire and there's this guy named Joe Kennedy (probably related to that fat ass communist Teddy) from Massachusetts that has an organization called "Citizen's for Energy".
Their new ad states "Citgo is donating millions of gallons to help keep the poor warm this winter... Citgo, owned by the Venezuelan people, have been kind enough....." Owned by the Venezuelan people? Oh, ok.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #27
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

This thread will greatly enchance my information about the E92 BMW
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #28
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep

Stop reading the NY Times

Quote:
Didn't Chavez "donated" tons of heating oil/gas to the poor community of New Orleans after Katrina; while your administration abandoned them Bush ruined the States
And start watching Fox.
Bush made some mistakes in the Katrina aftermath, no doubt, but I have little sympathy for many (not all) of the NO residents.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #29
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, you are right-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
Let this one go. I apologize.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #30
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Actually Hugo Chavez has a TIAG E92 with a 6 Speed and Sport Pack and is thinking of getting the Dinan update.

He has been lurking here for a few weeks but may starting posting as "commiedictator"

Oh yeah - Leatherette interior.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #31
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnuts View Post
And start watching Fox.
Bush made some mistakes in the Katrina aftermath, no doubt, but I have little sympathy for many (not all) of the NO residents.
Fair and balanced
Yup, sounds like you watch Fox News
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #32
lkn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

feel sorry for those who work at citgo gas stations.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #33
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Actually Hugo Chavez has a TIAG E92 with a 6 Speed and Sport Pack and is thinking of getting the Dinan update.

He has been lurking here for a few weeks but may starting posting as "commiedictator"

Oh yeah - Leatherette interior.
Really?
I heard he was just about to place an order on a E92 335 but couldnt decide whether he wanted Coral red or Black interior....

then...

he got stuck with auto vs. manual...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #34
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
One advantage to living under a dictatorship...

BMW Venezuela offers the "BMW Individual" program.

http://www.bmw.com.ve/ve/es/index.html
E91 6MT Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #35
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Really?
I heard he was just about to place an order on a E92 335 but couldnt decide whether he wanted Coral red or Black interior....

then...

he got stuck with auto vs. manual...
Personally I don't understand why any communist would drive a BMW with an automatic transmission.

Wait till he gets to the IDrive/No IDrive threads.

Or the "Should I replace the RFTs?" threads.

He'll get so confused he'll go vistit his buddy Fidel and come back home with a 56 Plymouth Blevedere.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #36
jhilsinho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I 07

Thumbs down E90

With the information you kids have about international politics, you couldn't even buy a piece of bread in the slums of South Africa if your knowledge lets say, ws something valued in any currency whatsoever.

Wake UP people. You ARE in the matrix, and everything you see on the news, is pre-fabricated. about life!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #37
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Hmm, tough choice. Buy from Saudi Arabia which is no where near being a democracy (and many within probably support terrorism) or buy from Putin (democratically elected in name only) controlled Russia which is moving towards fascism. Or buy from Chavez. What to do?
Buy Cdn oil. That whole Global warming thing is a hoax
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #38
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Quote:
Hmm, tough choice. Buy from Saudi Arabia which is no where near being a democracy (and many within probably support terrorism) or buy from Putin (democratically elected in name only) controlled Russia which is moving towards fascism. Or buy from Chavez. What to do?
There are some oil companies that use strictly US produced oil. Hess is one but there are others
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #39
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

How come when we are talking about undisputed communist dictators like that little punk Chavez all the libs can do is start trashing Bush? Regardless of your political stance, Chavez is a fascist and should be opposed. Period. It has nothing to do with the current administration. Same thing with Iran's idiot President, Ahkmadinpaojertpjopsdfmgolamk'gklmjihad, or however the hell you spell his name! Just because you can't stand the fact that Bush got over on you (TWICE) doesn't mean that Chavez is a great guy......
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #40
liliej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi/Graphite/Lemon

Bush didn't get over on me. I didn't vote for him.

It's all the idiotic voters that respond to soundbites and fear tactics that were "gotten over on". Oh yeah... no other U.S. administration has been as "totalitarian" as the current one, so it would appear that we're actually getting closer to Chavez as a result of Bush's ignorance and arrogance.
      12-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #41
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep

Quote:
There are some oil companies that use strictly US produced oil. Hess is one but there are others
Apparently an "Urban Legend". Hess refines and sells what it gets. It doesn't have any exploration and drilling facilities in the middle east. So it doesn't seem to use much middle east oil. It does not exclusively use US crude. It would be difficult to, considering how much we need to import.

Crude oil is a fungible commodity. Once it hits the distribution system, there's almost no way to know where it came from.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/hess.asp

Hess has a refinery on St. Croix that is a joint venture with the Venezuelan state oil company. (This was actually a pretty smart move on Hess's part -- Chavez can't nationalize a refinery that's on US soil.)

http://www.hess.com/rm/refining.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess Corporation
HOVENSA, a joint venture between a subsidiary of Hess Corporation and a subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA) operates a world-class merchant refinery in St Croix, USVI. The facility is one of the most modern refineries in the United States and, with crude oil processing capacity of 495,000 barrels per day (BPD), is one of the largest in the world.
For the record, I don't buy Hess gasoline, either. This has nothing to do with politics. In the pre-knock sensor days, it just seemed to make my high-compression engines "ping" more than other brands.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #42
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Never heard of Hess and I'm the oil biz.

Edit: just did some research on Hess. Operations in Russia, Libya, Indonesia, etc. Doesn't sound like baseball and apple pie to me. Bottom line is that Venezuala is not a military threat and there are "worse" countries from which the west is buying oil. It seems that Chavez knows how to push the Bush administration's buttons.

There aren't many companies who own the production, transportation, refining and marketing ends of the business and just because they might own all the infrastructure, it is not a closed system. North America is one big pipeline grid in which various systems tie into one another. As another poster mentioned, oil is impossible to track once it gets into the system.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #43
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Quote:
Never heard of Hess and I'm the oil biz.

Edit: just did some research on Hess. Operations in Russia, Libya, Indonesia, etc. Doesn't sound like baseball and apple pie to me. Bottom line is that Venezuala is not a military threat and there are "worse" countries from which the west is buying oil. It seems that Chavez knows how to push the Bush administration's buttons.

There aren't many companies who own the production, transportation, refining and marketing ends of the business and just because they might own all the infrastructure, it is not a closed system. North America is one big pipeline grid in which various systems tie into one another. As another poster mentioned, oil is impossible to track once it gets into the system.
Previous owner, Adolph Hess(deceased) Owned the NY Jets
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #44
Ewing
SEDATE COOL
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i

Question

Quote:
+111111111111111111111111111111111111

We americans love to pick and choose morality. Women can't even drive THERE, 75% of the 9/11 hijackers came from THERE, we buy more oil from THERE, they support terrorism THERE, they're longtime Bush family friends, and we're all in a huff & puff over Hugo Chavez? No wonder our reputation is in the crapper and no one believes a word we say since we pick and choose which bad guys are OUR bad guys and which ones we don't like since they don't play ball with us...

|Simota CF Intake|Blacklines|Matte Black Grilles|Eyelids|iDrive|6SP|Shadow 328i Emblem|Umnitza Angel Eyes|
|Black Overlays|35% tints|DR Presidential Front Plate|330i Exhaust Tips|V2 Plate LED's|Xenon Int. Bulbs|CDVless|
Appreciate 0