XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
atom1200
Rep
Drives: X6M

x6m spare tire compartment

Anyone add a sub in this compartment? If so can you post pics? I'm not looking to get all "hood" but I wouldn't mind a little more thump
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
brebeuf x6
Rep
Drives: black x6

i have a 35i i had two 10' inch jl audio subs and a 1000 watt amp and it sounds so sexy another difference maker is i had them put a 250 watt digital amp in the front for the cabin speakers, and a crossover/EQ changer to enhance the sound quality. the crossover makes it so the cabin speakers only play the mid and high range leaving all the low end stuff to the subs which ends up with a greater quality of thump as well as a greater deeper coverage of vocals and instrumental
      11-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
atom1200
Rep
Drives: X6M

can you post pics of your sub set up?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #4
artrosis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 ///M

Bavarian Sound Werks

I had a 2007, 3 series wagon and I had this

It dropped into the rear tire well. I dont have any personal pics I took myself cause I never actually got to drive the car I was overseas the whole time, it sat in my Mom's garage for 8 months before I sold it. I ordered that sub from Bavarian Sound Werks and my mom took it to a car audio place and had it installed. It had a Rockford Fosgate amp and Bass control knob and it ran around 800 bucks with shipping about a year ago. My mom took it to some local car audio store and had it installed for $100.

The only thing you need to tell them when you order is what kind of sound system you have. I didnt have the premium sound system in my wagon so I had a different set of instructions. If you had premium sound you would have different wiring. On my X6M, I paid the extra $2,000 and got the premium sound (when you werent able to opt out of the DVD player). By the way the DVD player is useless, especially when the rear seat entertainment has a built in DVD player on it. GJ on fuckin that one up BMW.

I called Bavarian Sound Werks because I got a 2010 X6M and I asked them if they were developing a drop in sub system like the one I had in my wagon. Bav said they said they had no intention of designing one anytime soon so I was kinda pissed off about that. Bav also said it wasn't even something on their to do list. They will cater to every other BMW but when you want to get some parts for your X6 they dont have anything worth a toot.

The nice thing about Bav Sound Werks is that their products fit perfect, look factory and are recognized as an industry leader. Their subs dont rattle and they come with nice color picture instructions in PDF. Their products are really high quality thats why they cost a lot.

Heres their website

www.bavariansoundwerks.com

Heres the link to the drop in wheel well sub system they make for the 3 series BMW, this is the one I had in my wagon

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...m-E90-E91-E92/

Heres their phone number so you can all call them and tell them they need to make a drop in sub like this for the X6
1-404-963-8857

You would think that since the X6 has been out a couple years they would have figured this out already. They need to make the subs that can drop in the tire well for the X6. People need to call and show there is a demand for this product for the X6. The only thing they have right now for the X6 (35i, 50i and M) is factory replacement speakers.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ca...261/0/Catalog/

Give them a call and tell them to make a drop in rear tire well sub system for the X6.

Last edited by artrosis; 11-09-2010 at 04:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
johnnyk0231
Rep
Drives: x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brebeuf x6 View Post
i have a 35i i had two 10' inch jl audio subs and a 1000 watt amp and it sounds so sexy another difference maker is i had them put a 250 watt digital amp in the front for the cabin speakers, and a crossover/EQ changer to enhance the sound quality. the crossover makes it so the cabin speakers only play the mid and high range leaving all the low end stuff to the subs which ends up with a greater quality of thump as well as a greater deeper coverage of vocals and instrumental
can we see the set. This sounds really good
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

That's funny, I've been looking for the same thing for my not-here-yet X6M. I found this ad from a while back for an X5M here on Bimmerpost/xbimmers, check it out:
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717999

I think that's beautiful. I PM'ed the guy to see if it's still available but if not I'd not hesitate to have something like that built. Maybe we can do a "group buy"?

Also +1 on others' requests to see photos of this kind of setup.

Finally, anyone in South Florida area can recommend a reputable shop that won't destroy my car in the process of working on it?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrosis View Post
I had a 2007, 3 series wagon and I had this

It dropped into the rear tire well. I dont have any personal pics I took myself cause I never actually got to drive the car I was overseas the whole time, it sat in my Mom's garage for 8 months before I sold it. I ordered that sub from Bavarian Sound Werks and my mom took it to a car audio place and had it installed. It had a Rockford Fosgate amp and Bass control knob and it ran around 800 bucks with shipping about a year ago. My mom took it to some local car audio store and had it installed for $100.

The only thing you need to tell them when you order is what kind of sound system you have. I didnt have the premium sound system in my wagon so I had a different set of instructions. If you had premium sound you would have different wiring. On my X6M, I paid the extra $2,000 and got the premium sound (when you werent able to opt out of the DVD player). By the way the DVD player is useless, especially when the rear seat entertainment has a built in DVD player on it. GJ on fuckin that one up BMW.

I called Bavarian Sound Werks because I got a 2010 X6M and I asked them if they were developing a drop in sub system like the one I had in my wagon. Bav said they said they had no intention of designing one anytime soon so I was kinda pissed off about that. Bav also said it wasn't even something on their to do list. They will cater to every other BMW but when you want to get some parts for your X6 they dont have anything worth a toot.

The nice thing about Bav Sound Werks is that their products fit perfect, look factory and are recognized as an industry leader. Their subs dont rattle and they come with nice color picture instructions in PDF. Their products are really high quality thats why they cost a lot.

Heres their website

www.bavariansoundwerks.com

Heres the link to the drop in wheel well sub system they make for the 3 series BMW, this is the one I had in my wagon

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...m-E90-E91-E92/

Heres their phone number so you can all call them and tell them they need to make a drop in sub like this for the X6
1-404-963-8857

You would think that since the X6 has been out a couple years they would have figured this out already. They need to make the subs that can drop in the tire well for the X6. People need to call and show there is a demand for this product for the X6. The only thing they have right now for the X6 (35i, 50i and M) is factory replacement speakers.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ca...261/0/Catalog/

Give them a call and tell them to make a drop in rear tire well sub system for the X6.
This would be an ideal solution. I can also attest to these guys, on a smaller scale. I purchased an iPod integration kit from them a few years back for my 2001 E46 325Ci that replaced the cigarette lighter tray (ashtray) with an iPod adapter that I was able to control from the steering wheel and even got song names showing up on the LCD. It looked so clean, I was impressed. I even installed it myself and it still came out nice!

Here's a picture of it.

Custom iPod Kit in 2001 BMW 325Ci by ddk632, on Flickr

These guys do great work, it would be awesome if they made a drop-in box for the X6/X6M. I'll definitely be giving them a call and following up with an email.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
x6Hawkeye
911 TTS Cab
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio

I did a custom JL Audio 13", it is simply outstanding.

Here's the thread I posted at the time - has some good pics of the install and final product.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736772
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
x6Hawkeye
911 TTS Cab
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio

Here's one of the pics (more on the thread above)...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Nice, looks sweet.
Appreciate 0