XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-21-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
Freddyx5m
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw x5m

2007 BMW X5 4.8i goes in Neutral while driving

I have a issue with my x5 and it keeps going in park when i come to a full stop also in neutral while driving. I brought my car to few mechanics including bmw everyone is telling me different things. The car has 150k. Has anyone came across this issue?
Thanks in advance guys
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:40 AM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddyx5m View Post
I have a issue with my x5 and it keeps going in park when i come to a full stop also in neutral while driving. I brought my car to few mechanics including bmw everyone is telling me different things. The car has 150k. Has anyone came across this issue?
Thanks in advance guys
I'm assuming you have the 6 speed ZF6HP. It is known for bad mechatronics seals once it gets last 100k miles. I would replace your solenoids too.

Download and install ISTA (search for it, not hard to find but I can not list links here) get a DCAN cable off Amazon. It will allow to you read transmission codes that do not show up on scanners.

Order oil pan and transmission oil kit for your transmission from FCP Euro.

Order mechatronics seals kit

Order new set of solenoids.

Watch videos on how to install and use ISTA, how to change transmission oil, how to change mechatronics seals and solenoids or take truck and all parts to mechanic who has done this work before.

Total cost will be around 500ish if you do all the work yourself, 90 percent of the time this will fix issues but important you read codes with ISTA first
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:43 PM   #3
Freddyx5m
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddyx5m View Post
Thanks in advance guys
I'm assuming you have the 6 speed ZF6HP. It is known for bad mechatronics seals once it gets last 100k miles. I would replace your solenoids too.

Download and install ISTA (search for it, not hard to find but I can not list links here) get a DCAN cable off Amazon. It will allow to you read transmission codes that do not show up on scanners.

Order oil pan and transmission oil kit for your transmission from FCP Euro.

Order mechatronics seals kit

Order new set of solenoids.

Watch videos on how to install and use ISTA, how to change transmission oil, how to change mechatronics seals and solenoids or take truck and all parts to mechanic who has done this work before.

Total cost will be around 500ish if you do all the work yourself, 90 percent of the time this will fix issues but important you read codes with ISTA first
Thank you for the advice i will definitely look in to it. I searched videos and looked on the forums for similar issues but could not find any.
Appreciate 0