XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #23
eswimm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
This makes it sound like there two separate coolant systems - One for engine and one for intercooler/turbos?
I thought it was one system, but with two coolant routes for those two locations. Can it control which system is open/closed separately?
There are two separate loops. Reservoir and fill cap for intercooler is under the plastic shield.

Had radiators/intercoolers replaced after an encounter with a length of 4x4 on the highway. Shop didn't refill the intercooler loop.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 12:53 PM   #24
hlopez
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW e46

Ceramic Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc GTO View Post
I did water wetter in the coolant and the intercoolant fluid. It also reduces the surface tension in the system to help the flow besides giving it better thermal properties. It's a no brainier for the water to air intercooler. I have used it in my supercharged race cars for years and it does help bring down IATs quicker then without.

I live in Florida so I would run distiller water with Water Wetter in my M3 race car with a splash of BMW coolant for the lubrication properties of the water pump.

As far as underwood temps, my God do they get hot.... Lol. I would say an aftermarket vented hood like my factory Porsche hoods had and race-cat or catless downpipes with jet hot coating or thermal wrap.
I can vouch for Jet-hot coating!! used it on two vehicles and their alittle pricy but it works and they have lifetime warranty
Appreciate 0