XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Dealer and warrenty with tune!

I just got the car back after they replaced the brakes (squeal In reverse, they did all 4 pads) and minor oil leak from some kind of vent valve that was only found because I did the stock exhaust mod and he dropped from the engine and didn't cut it. Anyhow took the tune off when I brought it in for service and went to put it back on when I heard a pop and the car started to buck under minor throttle input, went back to my garage in a panic and flashed it back to stock. Car was flat bedded to the dealer. I have a good relationship with my SA and told him about the tune and such, had him and other car guys from the shop take it for a ride when I put the tune (Velos) in. anyhow he had the tech clear any ghost codes before it was hooked to the bmw network. long story short...they can tell I modified the car even thought its was back to stock but said they couldn't prove it he said so I most likely would not have a warranty issues (he showed me some sheet that is a communication dialogue with the car). Its was some high pressure turbo line that let go, so it was a minor issue. but down the line I feel confident that would help me if a turbo went for instance.

ps I talk to Omar the night it happened and he was confident they would take care of it and it would throw not red flags and more then likely it would be minor.

and the tech told me not to worry about the cat less downpipes (that I just purchased) saying they have O2 simulators that can fool the system...for off road use only....
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #2
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
I just got the car back after they replaced the brakes (squeal In reverse, they did all 4 pads) and minor oil leak from some kind of vent valve that was only found because I did the stock exhaust mod and he dropped from the engine and didn't cut it. Anyhow took the tune off when I brought it in for service and went to put it back on when I heard a pop and the car started to buck under minor throttle input, went back to my garage in a panic and flashed it back to stock. Car was flat bedded to the dealer. I have a good relationship with my SA and told him about the tune and such, had him and other car guys from the shop take it for a ride when I put the tune (Velos) in. anyhow he had the tech clear any ghost codes before it was hooked to the bmw network. long story short...they can tell I modified the car even thought its was back to stock but said they couldn't prove it he said so I most likely would not have a warranty issues (he showed me some sheet that is a communication dialogue with the car). Its was some high pressure turbo line that let go, so it was a minor issue. but down the line I feel confident that would help me if a turbo went for instance.

ps I talk to Omar the night it happened and he was confident they would take care of it and it would throw not red flags and more then likely it would be minor.

and the tech told me not to worry about the cat less downpipes (that I just purchased) saying they have O2 simulators that can fool the system...for off road use only....
So am I understanding that BMW will honor warranty issues with the engine if cat less DPs are installed? I always thought warranty was only affected if mods upstream of the cats existed.
Appreciate 0