XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
e70jane
Rep
Drives: bmw e70

Calling all e70 4.8l x5er's I can't figure this trouble code

07 X5 4.8l w/49k mi with trouble codes, p3203/p1039/p1036. Real strange cause once I reset the code, the car drives fine. However, after a good few miles of driving, it comes back again. Hesitation when I accelerate; it's drivable but you must be real gentle on the accelerator. When all this starts to happen, the check light comes on at the next startup, and there you have those codes from above. Funny, I've been having to drive with a scanner next to me. And if my instincts are correct, this problem seems to happen particularly on hot days. There were a couple of instances where my car was just idling there for a while, and suddenly it jerked real hard, and you could even see the rpms fluctuate a little. It even died out once in the middle of an intersection. But I've researched and researched and found that some say it could be the ecu, but others say to replace the o2's or to clean out the maf. So far I've cleaned out the maf but with no positive results, and I've also replaced the post-cat o2's just last week, no go either. I'm wondering if I should replace the pre-cat o2's too. I found something interesting though, when new post-cat o2's were put in, I was able to drive it further before the problem came back. I wonder if that means anything?
Appreciate 0